> Double Ended Support/lifting Harness, Help for Old Dog
Pam13
post 19th Mar 2018, 11:01 am
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 32646

Hi Everyone

Well Mac is marching on in years, almost at his 15th birthday. Problem we have is he's losing strength etc in his back legs. The muscle tone is still there they just aren't function as they should. He's on painkillers and is getting regular massages to help him keep mobile and generally he's good.

What I do feel he needs from time to time is some support for walking or more importantly when the legs get caught under him and he can't get purchase to get himself up. Can anyone recommend a support harness, system etc that can be left on him for prolonged periods which can be used to help lift him up, support the back end and to help me lift him into the car/up stairs etc?

I've seen a few online but as they are quite costly I don't want to fork out for something that isn't good.

Thanks in advance.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
AnnS
post 19th Mar 2018, 1:19 pm
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 1457

Not really what you are looking for but when Woody was struggling I made a sort of double handled support for him. Used one of those hessian shopper bags, cut it so the sides were removed but kept the handles in place and you were left with an oblong shape. Sewed some soft fabric into it as a sort of lining. I could slip this under him and use this to help him get up and then the handles were there for me to hold and take his weight.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Pam13
post 19th Mar 2018, 6:19 pm
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 32646

QUOTE(AnnS @ 19th Mar 2018, 1:19 pm) *

Not really what you are looking for but when Woody was struggling I made a sort of double handled support for him. Used one of those hessian shopper bags, cut it so the sides were removed but kept the handles in place and you were left with an oblong shape. Sewed some soft fabric into it as a sort of lining. I could slip this under him and use this to help him get up and then the handles were there for me to hold and take his weight.

Thanks that’s a good idea.

This post has been edited by Pam13: 19th Mar 2018, 6:19 pm
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
kilmousk
post 19th Mar 2018, 8:16 pm
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member R
Member No.: 43952

http://helpemup.com