IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Would You Like To Help Rescue Dogs......, from the comfort of your home? Read on!
Koshka
post 28th Nov 2012, 11:27 pm
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Modley Associate
Member No.: 8120

Understandably not everyone has a lot of free time to get heavily involved with rescue work but here is something that you can do to help....

Large forums, like Dogpages, generate thousands of visitors looking for a rescue dog. Rescues are often overstretched and do not have time to post their dogs in a lot of different places online.

Find a rescue that do not presently post their dogs on Dogpages in the rehoming threads. You can find a rescue in your area by clicking on the map HERE or choose a breed rescue HERE.

If you decide to promote a rescue who are not in the Dogpages list, then just check with a moderator first. Dogpages prefers to promote rescues that home responsibly by home checking, neutering, offering back up support etc.

Contact the rescue and offer to advertise one or two dogs for them. Dont put too many on at one time - page 1 of each rehoming section just gets taken over by a single rescue otherwise. Keep an eye on the Homes Offered threads and suggest your chosen dog if you think it fits the bill. Keep in touch with the rescue and update the thread when the dog is rehomed. Once it has been homed, list another.

In the words of the famous Aleksandr Orlov........

Dont feel despondent if no-one appears to post in your threads to say they want to adopt the dog. I know from listing trailhounds on here, that people often dont reply on the thread but do follow my link to our website, then get in touch directly. Its all about promotion and generating interest, and it definately works. I check traffic stats for the Trailie website and loads of visitors come directly from Dogpages. smile.gif

--------------------
www.trailhoundwelfare.org.uk
from fellside to fireside
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 6:13 am