IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Volunteer Wanted Darlington- Dog Care / Walks /training ?, would you like to help : )
Precious Ruby
post 21st Apr 2017, 8:02 pm
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 61208

Seems the volunteer section isnt very popular , however thought I would give it a try !

I have recently joined Dog Pages to ask for advice with my 2 small terrier x girls , & received excellent responses I must add ! Its made me think outside the box & so hence my post here .

I realise that due to my own long term health issues my dogs are not getting the exercise & attention that they need , I really want the best for them , they are my buddies ! Due to my health I spend long periods at home & they have been my company , pain relief , stress relief & at times comic geniuses !!

The advice Ive received suggests the dogs are walked separately to reduce stress as one is particularly anxious around other dogs when out , this makes perfect sense however I only have limited energy & sadly I cannot handle the extra physical input this would require.

I am wondering if there is anyone local to me (DARLINGTON) that would like to volunteer to help out in any way This could be with short walks ,or ball play, or grooming, or training etc . I am home a lot so can be really flexible with times.

This may suit someone who likes dogs but cant take on the full responsibility for owning one ? or someone wanting some experience ?

please no judgements I got the dogs before I developed a health condition & became less mobile , I am now unable to work so cannot afford any more dog walking services ( these havent proved to be a good option really anyway) so thought this was worth a try & may work for all concerned : )
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kilmousk
post 21st Apr 2017, 10:11 pm
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member R
Member No.: 43952

Borrow My Doggy is a website set up that matches owners and want a dog people and may be somethign you could look into. Members are insured and there is a level of security for both sides built into their model however it does have a level of buyer beware so ensure you make your own decisions and checks as well.

It may also be worth contacting The Cinnamon Trust to see if they have a volunteer in the area.

You could also look to advertise in local businesses and groups such as WI and community groups, even local colleges especially those with animal care courses or libraries. Please ensure thought that you get proper checks done into who people are (check IDs etc) and build up a relationship initially. I would also ensure that they are insured ...whether that is via your own dog insurance if that is possible, 3rd party via the Dog Trust is around 30 a year and covers several dogs or with their own insurance.

In the interim start thinking what you are wanting or not wanting and start making a note of these; walked on or off lead, with or without other dogs, areas, access to children, what training ethos etc.
+Quote Post
Elainew
post 22nd Apr 2017, 6:39 am
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 202

The Cinnamon Trust will only help the elderly or terminally ill.
+Quote Post
zico's mum
post 22nd Apr 2017, 9:42 am
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 10023

There is another organisation that helps those who are ill with their pets.I don't know much about them just seen them posted on social media and here

http://www.papas.org.uk/
+Quote Post
Precious Ruby
post 22nd Apr 2017, 12:53 pm
Post #5

Group: Member
Member No.: 61208

Ah thanks for those replies , I know it's probably a long shot
I have contacted the ones mentioned in the past & unfortunatly I'm out of their areas, or don't fit the criteria , I found borrow my dog a bit of a scam ! You had to pay for replies only to find that the people were not even"real" if you know what I mean , sort of made up profiles , very bizarre !
I may post more locally though as suggested , colleges perhaps .
Thankyou All
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 1:51 am