Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Children"dangerously Out Of Control"
Penninepoodlewelfare
post 26th Aug 2017, 12:43 pm
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 5985

Walking my 3 along the canal towpath we met 2 women with 2 children following them and playing. As we passed the little girl approached my dogs waving a stick and growling at them. The 2 women were deep in conversation and were unaware of what the children were doing until I told the little girl not to do that. I explained about dog attacks on children and the mum thanked me.

I thought how different this could have been with different dogs. Perhaps the 2 women will pay more attention to the children when walking them. sad.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dalsmum
post 26th Aug 2017, 3:41 pm
Post #2

Group: Member
Member No.: 10491

My friend was walking her GSD in the park when she was approached by a woman with a young child. The woman asked if the child could say hello to the dog and my friend replied yes.

As the child approached the she produced a stick from behind her back and hit the dog over the head with it. The mother commented, "OH, she always does that."

My friend felt so guilty that she had let her dog down.

+Quote Post
Auntie Ange
post 27th Aug 2017, 2:03 pm
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 22692

QUOTE(Dalsmum @ 26th Aug 2017, 4:41 pm) *

My friend was walking her GSD in the park when she was approached by a woman with a young child. The woman asked if the child could say hello to the dog and my friend replied yes.

As the child approached the she produced a stick from behind her back and hit the dog over the head with it. The mother commented, "OH, she always does that."

I hope your friend screamed at the pair of them and put the fear of God into them. The mother must have been a bit gormless not to have been aware the child had I stick if she had done it before.

Ange
+Quote Post
Nina K
post 27th Aug 2017, 9:22 pm
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 24023

QUOTE(Dalsmum @ 26th Aug 2017, 4:41 pm) *

But if your dog had retaliated, guess who would have been to blame. mad.gif What chance do these kids stand if their parents think it is ok for them to act like this?

I had to shout at a young boy who was trying to corner my Chinese Crested years ago. She was not good with kids and used to give them a wide berth when we were out but this particular one was trying to catch her. Much as she tried to dodge out of his way, he kept pursuing her - while his mother looked on! hit.gif I shouted at him to stop otherwise he would get bitten and his stupid mother turned on me, telling me I shouldn't have a "vicious dog" loose. I had to point out that my dog was trying to escape her out-of-control brat.

This post has been edited by Nina K: 27th Aug 2017, 9:27 pm
+Quote Post
Louwra
post 29th Aug 2017, 6:24 am
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 6759

The fact that most people cross the road when they see me walking my three is an advantage in that respect.

For all of the above reasons, I always carry on walking when I spot kids, and if they ask, I say No and walk on.

When my daughter is with me, it is different, she always walks Ollie then, and she will stop, most kids behave - no wonder as Ollie either towers over them or is on eye level with them lol.gif but I walk on a bit with the other two, Luna and Loki dont like children or men and will avoid them.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 6:17 am