Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stupid Owners And Their Extending Leads
doggroomer
post 29th Aug 2017, 1:59 pm
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 10854

Glad it went well, but what a trial not putting weight on it for all that time hug.gif Hope you've got a good care system in place flowers.gif

Chris
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
AnnS
post 29th Aug 2017, 5:00 pm
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 1457

Hope your recovery goes well. Scary what can happen so quickly.
+Quote Post
bix
post 29th Aug 2017, 5:08 pm
Post #18

Group Icon

Member No.: 6209

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
+Quote Post
Auntie Ange
post 29th Aug 2017, 7:24 pm
Post #19

Group Icon

Member No.: 22692

Glad it went well.

Hope carers have been put in place for you. I had three calls a day after my ankle op. Hopping everywhere is not an option as we get older. But I did have to resort to it sometimes.

Best wishes

Ange
+Quote Post
Rianna
post 30th Aug 2017, 6:39 pm
Post #20

Group Icon

Member No.: 2309

Wishing you a speedy and uneventful recovery.

Hoping you have people to help you flowers.gif .

xxx
+Quote Post
kimthecat
post 31st Aug 2017, 12:19 pm
Post #21

Group Icon

Member No.: 4804

Best wishes ans healing thoughts, smile.gif hug.gif
+Quote Post
Annieskel
post 23rd Sep 2017, 3:04 pm
Post #22

Group Icon

Member No.: 44743

The last few days have been amazing, Thursday the consultant came to see me and told me I could now weight bear on my leg, the staff, physio and OTs were amazed at this as normally there is another stage in between. In the afternoon the physio came to try me with a Zimmer frame with wheels, I hated it and asked for crutches as I have used them before when having both my hips replaced, crutches given and I was off down the ward, it was wonderful. lol.gif

Social Services came and said they couldn't get a package together for me, this is a disgrace but didn't matter as I no longer need someone 3 times a day, just once a day to make sure everything is ok. Later he came back to say they have got me a morning call so I could now go home.

Friday, my son couldn't pick me up until after work so was late getting home, after he had gone I put the washing machine on at 90 as my bedding had been washed and left in the machine all the time I was in hospital and the house stank with the wet washing. I nearly chickened out of going upstairs to bed but did manage it, it was lovely being in my own bed again. lol.gif

This morning I was able to put my bedding in my dryer and I think my sheets may be fine, have to have a good look at them when there is someone who can help me hold them. So pleased with what I have done today but my house is a mess, most of it was the dogs as they are not normally left for long but were on their own for 8 hours before someone could pick them up.

It is lovely being home, just need to get my strength up and walk better. lol.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
AnnS
post 23rd Sep 2017, 3:45 pm
Post #23

Group Icon

Member No.: 1457

Hope your recovery time passes quickly, but don't do too much.
+Quote Post
hazzy1066
post 23rd Sep 2017, 4:15 pm
Post #24

Group: Member
Member No.: 21200

Glad all went well, wish you a speed recovery
+Quote Post
bix
post 23rd Sep 2017, 8:47 pm
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 6209

Now then, go steady! smile.gif You've been going at it some, although I can understand how keen you must be to sort things out in the house. Shame about the bedding being left wet all that time. I hope it recovers. Lovely to sleep in your own bed again, though, isn't it?

I hope you return to full vigour very soon.
+Quote Post
doggroomer
post Yesterday, 3:39 pm
Post #26

Group Icon

Member No.: 10854

It's good that you appear to be doing so well, but don't forget to take a few more breaks than you were used to hug.gif Hope you have a speedy recovery flowers.gif

Chris
+Quote Post
Annieskel
post Yesterday, 8:40 pm
Post #27

Group Icon

Member No.: 44743

Thank you ladies, the first thing I did when I got home was to put the washing machine on at 90 for the bedding, the good news is it is still in good condition. lol.gif

My 3 girls are coming home tomorrow, I wish I could bring the 2 boys home as well but they are too boisterous at the moment, Cyril doesn't go round things, he tried to go through them, usually my legs. lol.gif

Talking to Mark who has my dogs with his wife Vicky, they breed and show Rotties, I haven't known them to sell any of the pups yet. lol.gif My gang now mix quite happily with their dogs including Jamie who came out of one of the shelters in Romania were the big dogs killed the small ones to eat, Jamie is battle scared and will attack big dogs if given the chance so this is a really big leap forward for him.

They started to do some training with their Rotties and every time they gave a command my dogs obeyed it, Jamie sits in a funny way but will sit on command, it was difficult to get as the normal methods he couldn't do. I eventually took all my dogs outside and kept giving them the command to sit and eventually Jamie copied them. I never managed to get him to go down but it seems that with so many dogs obeying the command down he is now doing it. Mark and Vicky were surprised to have obedient dogs, most that come in have had very little training, my dogs may tell me to get lost at times but when it matters they do obey as proved when I had the accident. It is lovely when a trainer/behaviourist compliments me on my dogs.

Can't wait for the girls to arrive tomorrow, it won't be the same without the boys though but hopefully I will be more mobile soon and they can come home.

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 6:07 am