IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Are Any Owners That Mad To Buy This? (aldi), The idea is maybe fun - But the price! OMG!
Sezza
post 4th Dec 2017, 2:50 pm
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 10901

Maybe a gift from a non-doggy well-heeled Xmas visitor to their dog-mad friends?!! lol.gif

Rosewood Rose Pawsecco 4 Pack (they do 'White' as well!)

Described as:-

What better way to get the family pets involved in the Christmas fun than with this Rose Pawsecco 4 Pack. Watch them get super festive this year as you paw your cats and dogs a pawlicious bowl of pawsecco, then sit back as they join in the yuletide fun.

Features
Infusion of elderflower nettle ginseng and limeflower water
Alcohol free
No grapes
The purrfect treat for those on four feet
Serve over food
For dogs & cats

... very clever marketing maybe, but I for one wouldn't dream of it, nor be impressed if a friend gave it to me! (Although I might drink it myself!).

Don't they realize it is more expensive than wine! ohmy.gif So why not take a nice bottle to the humans, and leave the dogs to their turkey leftovers wink.gif

Sezza
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Carolynleah
post 4th Dec 2017, 4:56 pm
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 2147

It would be wasted on my lot lol.gif
+Quote Post
Auntie Ange
post 4th Dec 2017, 6:54 pm
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 22692

The world has gone mad. I am writing this having just watched a piece on the news about children and pensioners in poverty crying.gif . Anyone with money to waste should give it to a worthwhile cause, something like the Sally Army who will be helping the homeless and deprived children this Xmas.

Besides, most dogs would turn up their nose at such rubbish anyway.
Ange
+Quote Post
Auntie Ange
post 4th Dec 2017, 6:55 pm
Post #4

Group Icon

The world has gone mad. I am writing this having just watched a piece on the news about children and pensioners in poverty crying.gif . Anyone with money to waste should give it to a worthwhile cause, something like the Sally Army who will be helping the homeless and deprived children this Xmas.

Besides, most dogs would turn up their nose at such rubbish anyway.
Ange
+Quote Post
ceri1
post 5th Dec 2017, 6:00 pm
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 46944

I guess it's no different to the other dog treats you can get: lily's kitchen Christmas dinner in a can? The whole "kids starving" argument could be made about anything you buy for dogs. I think my dogs would prefer I spent the 10 on tastier treats though.
+Quote Post
nikirushka
post 6th Dec 2017, 9:17 am
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 25819

You could say that about pretty much any aspect of christmas! We don't need a big meal, tins of chocolates, christmas trees, decorations etc. I wouldn't spend money on this but it's no different to any of that stuff.
+Quote Post
Auntie Ange
post 6th Dec 2017, 12:54 pm
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE(nikirushka @ 6th Dec 2017, 9:17 am) *

You could say that about pretty much any aspect of christmas! We don't need a big meal, tins of chocolates, christmas trees, decorations etc. I wouldn't spend money on this but it's no different to any of that stuff.

Well you see I do think it's different. Dogs need and do eat 'dinner' whether it's dry in a bag or in a tin and labelled 'Christmas Dinner'. But dogs don't drink elderflower water or prosecco or any other alcohol.

I will be buying presents and enjoying nice meals with family but I won't be over indulging in chocolates or any other festive 'must haves'. I will be sending a donation to two charities though who care for those who need help at Christmas.

I probably sound like a miserable old kill joy and I'm not rolleyes.gif and I do understand families trying to give their children a special time at christmas. But dressing dogs up like rudolph or giving them pretend wine I think is a bit OTT and money that could be put to better use.

Ange (aka kill joy lol.gif )
+Quote Post
doggroomer
post 6th Dec 2017, 6:20 pm
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 10854

QUOTE(Auntie Ange @ 6th Dec 2017, 12:54 pm) *

Well you see I do think it's different. Dogs need and do eat 'dinner' whether it's dry in a bag or in a tin and labelled 'Christmas Dinner'. But dogs don't drink elderflower water or prosecco or any other alcohol.

I will be buying presents and enjoying nice meals with family but I won't be over indulging in chocolates or any other festive 'must haves'. I will be sending a donation to two charities though who care for those who need help at Christmas.

I probably sound like a miserable old kill joy and I'm not rolleyes.gif and I do understand families trying to give their children a special time at christmas. But dressing dogs up like rudolph or giving them pretend wine I think is a bit OTT and money that could be put to better use.

Ange (aka kill joy lol.gif )

You're not the only kill joy Ange smile.gif I feel the same way.

My furries and myself get 'special' treats all year round. I'm not rich, but I'd just as soon help people and animals who're even less well off than me, at least be able to eat for Christmas. I guess that's why I'm not rich, but have never particularly wanted to be rolleyes.gif

Chris
+Quote Post
bix
post 8th Dec 2017, 8:06 am
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 6209

It seems that there is always someone daft enough to buy such rubbish. I expect there will be a lot of it in the reduced section on boxing day. I find it rather sad. Animals and children for that matter don't need all these fol de rols. They need our time and attention and our love and that costs nothing.
+Quote Post
mokee
post 8th Dec 2017, 3:54 pm
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 36406

I think what I find offensive about it is that it is marketed as a product for pets, but really its only to entertain humans. A bit like ballet tutus and fairy costumes for dogs. The vast majority of dogs would far rather be given some leftover turkey than this rubbish.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 3:50 am