Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Louwra
post 25th Jan 2017, 12:54 pm
Post #17

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 6759

Looks great Natbest. Is there a limit on dogs, or can I take 3 rottweilers smile.gif

Would love to spend some time there!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
natbest
post 25th Jan 2017, 1:00 pm
Post #18

Group Icon

Member No.: 49122

few more
http://www.hoseasons.co.uk/cottages/hidden...n-cottage-e5543
+Quote Post
natbest
post 25th Jan 2017, 1:02 pm
Post #19

Group Icon

if you book with him direct I think he said he would take up to 4 dogs, its also got a small fenced area outside with 2 kennels if you had an outside/guard dog type. handy I suppose if you had that sort of dog.pond is filled in now, so even bigger garden. I will pm you his details.

This post has been edited by natbest: 25th Jan 2017, 1:13 pm
+Quote Post
Louwra
post 25th Jan 2017, 1:43 pm
Post #20

Group Icon

Member No.: 6759

Looks wonderful!!! Thanks for the details!
+Quote Post
mokee
post 14th Jan 2018, 5:09 pm
Post #21

Group Icon

Member No.: 36406

Resurrecting this thread because we booked Hidden Garden Cottage and went away for a week last week - just got back yesterday and we had the most fantastic holiday. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we've booked again to go back later this year. I must admit that when we arrived and drove through the garage at the front of the property our hearts sank, we were worried it would be very loud and intrusive, but once we got into the garden you would never ever know it was there.

We explained that our dogs were reactive and asked that nobody enter the gardens without letting us know they were coming first and the owner arranged a one hour slot when we would keep the dogs indoors so he could service the hot tub - other than that we were completely left to our own devices all week. The dogs had the run of the enormous garden and Bali particularly enjoyed plenty of sniffing, whilst Sjindi preferred a little bit of rolling in fox poo (which I wasn't too impressed about - but luckily managed to bully OH into cleaning the little bugger again afterwards).

The cottage was spotless, comfortable and beautifully decorated. The garden was amazing, huge, secluded and perfect for reactive dogs. We genuinely couldn't fault it and I can't thank Natbest enough for recommending the place - I think we're going to be very regular customers from now on.
+Quote Post
natbest
post 15th Jan 2018, 9:59 pm
Post #22

Group Icon

QUOTE(mokee @ 14th Jan 2018, 5:09 pm) *

Resurrecting this thread because we booked Hidden Garden Cottage and went away for a week last week - just got back yesterday and we had the most fantastic holiday. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we've booked again to go back later this year. I must admit that when we arrived and drove through the garage at the front of the property our hearts sank, we were worried it would be very loud and intrusive, but once we got into the garden you would never ever know it was there.

We explained that our dogs were reactive and asked that nobody enter the gardens without letting us know they were coming first and the owner arranged a one hour slot when we would keep the dogs indoors so he could service the hot tub - other than that we were completely left to our own devices all week. The dogs had the run of the enormous garden and Bali particularly enjoyed plenty of sniffing, whilst Sjindi preferred a little bit of rolling in fox poo (which I wasn't too impressed about - but luckily managed to bully OH into cleaning the little bugger again afterwards).

The cottage was spotless, comfortable and beautifully decorated. The garden was amazing, huge, secluded and perfect for reactive dogs. We genuinely couldn't fault it and I can't thank Natbest enough for recommending the place - I think we're going to be very regular customers from now on.

That's great we've been twice now and I was going to book again for 2 wks this June but he only had one wk available so were off to Lyme Regis instead.
That house and Blackadder mains have been the best garden/dog wise, and we've stayed in a lot!

But I can also recommend hobby cottage, felbrigg, Norfolk as the best house. Just hasn't a secure garden but such a great house and well priced, we've been 4 times even though one of mine can't be off lead its still worth it.

+Quote Post
Pixiedog
post 16th Jan 2018, 10:39 am
Post #23

Group: Member
Member No.: 41941

Natbest, thank you for these. I've just had a look at Blackadder Mains, but can't find any mention of a five acre field, it might well be me being dim!
Also a word for The Landmark Trust, only two dogs, but such fantastic unique properties and situations!
+Quote Post
natbest
post 16th Jan 2018, 11:04 am
Post #24

Group Icon

QUOTE(Pixiedog @ 16th Jan 2018, 10:39 am) *

Natbest, thank you for these. I've just had a look at Blackadder Mains, but can't find any mention of a five acre field, it might well be me being dim!
Also a word for The Landmark Trust, only two dogs, but such fantastic unique properties and situations!

http://www.blackadder.co.uk/info/

If you read the garden bit, its there, there's a gate(6ft) into it from the garden, the garden itself is pretty big too and is secure, the gates for the drive are 6ft tall solid wood, my two are tiny and couldn't get out, there's sheep wire in the hedges too, the fence has an opening for tractors so isn't secure but is huge so unless your dog is like curly would be OK for normal dogs rolleyes.gif
I loved this house, esp the aga, it is very shabby chic and all antique and vintage furniture so not to everyone's taste perhaps. The only thing I didn't overly like was Northumberland (sorry), beautiful yes but were not walkers, I like nice days out with a beach walk and interesting shops and there just wasn't enough of that available easily, which was a shame but I prefer other counties like Norfolk, Lincolnshire, Sussex. The house though we would've def visited again.
http://www.northumbria-cottages.co.uk/prop...r-mains-cottage

This site has better pictures.

This post has been edited by natbest: 16th Jan 2018, 11:12 am
+Quote Post
Craters_on_the_lawn
post 16th Jan 2018, 7:35 pm
Post #25

Member No.: 55685

WOW thanks for these recommendations - some of these places look amazing!

Last year we took our 3 dogs and 3 teenagers to Pawprints in North Devon : http://www.pawprintsholidays.com/

It was a wonderfully stress-free holiday because for once dogs were allowed on the sofas, on the beds, upstairs, anywhere really! As my dogs are always on the beds and sofas at home I usually find it really stressful and difficult to restrict them when we go on normal cottage holidays.

The back garden had the advantage of being even lurcher-proof (panel fences over 6 foot) (normally at holiday cottages I can't let the dogs out unattended)
(The front garden had mainly 6-foot but some 4-foot fencing so Pablo did need supervision.)

While the gardens weren't huge (normal suburban size) the views over the bay - and with the sunsets - that you got where amazing and it was only a 5 minute walk down onto the (mud-estuary type) beach. The cottage is in the lovely picturesque village of Appledore which had some shops and cafes and a harbour. The nature reserve peninsular (with sandy beaches) is also only about a 10 minute walk from the cottage - so everything you could want all within walking distance.

Pawprints allows UNLIMITED numbers of dogs to stay! Every little detail is thought about - there are spare dog leads, dog towels, dog toys, even dog-tags with "I'm on holiday" and the cottage address on the tag.

Would definitely recommend!

My only disappointment was that when we visited the nature reserve peninsular was covered in sheep - which meant all of my lot had to stay on leads - I don't know whether there are livestock always roaming here or whether its only some parts of the year. We still found other nice walks and places to visit where they could go off-lead though. And its not as though we aren't used to sheep lol.gif

+Quote Post
natbest
post 17th Jan 2018, 12:02 am
Post #26

Group Icon

That sounds great. Unf they don't own it anymore which is a real shame. They have got 2 in Lincolnshire though. I don't know about rest of you but I've a whole holiday dog kit, I've duvet, covers, sheets just for holidays, 6 throws, 2 dog beds, dog medical box, bowls, towels a whole load of stuff. I even take a memory foam topper for the bed as I can't bear rubbish beds! And I always, always leave the place immaculate, usually cleaner than it was before we got there. I cover everything, sofas, beds have our own stuff on too. Neither dog moults either so you wouldn't know we had dogs. I always want the owners to think allowing dogs is a good thing.
I can't stand going somewhere grubby, dog smelly so we always look for somewhere a bit better star wise, I don't know why too home owners seem to think dog owners are willing to stay somewhere substandard?
+Quote Post
Craters_on_the_lawn
post 17th Jan 2018, 12:48 pm
Post #27

QUOTE(natbest @ 17th Jan 2018, 12:02 am) *

That sounds great. Unf they don't own it anymore which is a real shame. They have got 2 in Lincolnshire though. I don't know about rest of you but I've a whole holiday dog kit, I've duvet, covers, sheets just for holidays, 6 throws, 2 dog beds, dog medical box, bowls, towels a whole load of stuff. I even take a memory foam topper for the bed as I can't bear rubbish beds! And I always, always leave the place immaculate, usually cleaner than it was before we got there. I cover everything, sofas, beds have our own stuff on too. Neither dog moults either so you wouldn't know we had dogs. I always want the owners to think allowing dogs is a good thing.
I can't stand going somewhere grubby, dog smelly so we always look for somewhere a bit better star wise, I don't know why too home owners seem to think dog owners are willing to stay somewhere substandard?

Oh what a shame about the Devon Pawprints place, I didn't know.

Even though dogs were allowed everywhere on the beds, sofas etc - it was spotlessly clean and did not smell of dogs.
Although to be honest I would probably feel quite comfortable in somewhere a bit grubby and dog smelly and covered in dog-hairs because
1) I wouldn't be so worried about us all messing it up
2) it would be just like being at home!!!!! Ha ha lol.gif

But that's just me smile.gif
+Quote Post
Pixiedog
post 18th Jan 2018, 9:24 am
Post #28

Member No.: 41941

Afraid to say that Julie who owns Pawprints in Devon has stopped letting it for holidays because of the destruction done to the house by holiday makers and their dogs. Beds weed on, curtains pulled down, furniture chewed to name but a few, Such a pity when the few spoil it for the many!
+Quote Post
Craters_on_the_lawn
post 18th Jan 2018, 10:05 am
Post #29

QUOTE(Pixiedog @ 18th Jan 2018, 9:24 am) *

Afraid to say that Julie who owns Pawprints in Devon has stopped letting it for holidays because of the destruction done to the house by holiday makers and their dogs. Beds weed on, curtains pulled down, furniture chewed to name but a few, Such a pity when the few spoil it for the many!

That's terrible, what a shame. Some people have no respect.

We always ensure our holiday cottages are left exactly as we found them - and spend a lot of time hoovering and cleaning up all the dog-hairs, sand etc, before we leave.
If any damage has been caused (and last year one of my teenage daughters managed to leave a burn mark on the plastic tablecloth by putting a hot frying pan straight onto it!!!!! rolleyes.gif) we pay for any replacement.

I always want cottage owners to feel like they would be happy to have us back. I really don't want cottage owners to be put off letting dog-owners stay, as its hard enough anyway to find places that take 3 (not small!) dogs.

+Quote Post
natbest
post 18th Jan 2018, 2:13 pm
Post #30

Group Icon

QUOTE(Pixiedog @ 18th Jan 2018, 9:24 am) *

That's so awful. What is wrong with some people?
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st February 2018 - 5:07 am