IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Training advice

Dogpages encourages owners to learn the skills to train their dogs with modern non-coercive methods and not to train with pain. Posts and advice given must reflect this policy.

For serious problems, owners should always seek good professional advice.

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kofi's Daycare Update
muttlover2
post 19th Mar 2012, 10:29 pm
Post #16

Group: Member
Member No.: 54116

lol.gif to woofgang

I'd say keep going because that doesn't sound good the way they can't be left anywhere - imagine they panic if you have to ever leave them and keep trying to escape and cause a traffic accident or something. I think it could be a really useful opportunity to get him used to the idea of being somewhere else and having a slightly bigger circle of people he can depend on. There's needy and there's OTT dependent. I think you want him to be your dog but you surely dont want major panic and not have options if you need them.

This post has been edited by muttlover2: 19th Mar 2012, 10:29 pm
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
coinsky
post 19th Mar 2012, 10:37 pm
Post #17

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 14818

QUOTE(muttlover2 @ 19th Mar 2012, 10:29 pm) *

lol.gif to woofgang

I'd say keep going because that doesn't sound good the way they can't be left anywhere - imagine they panic if you have to ever leave them and keep trying to escape and cause a traffic accident or something. I think it could be a really useful opportunity to get him used to the idea of being somewhere else and having a slightly bigger circle of people he can depend on. There's needy and there's OTT dependent. I think you want him to be your dog but you surely dont want major panic and not have options if you need them.

Noo I definitely don't want the OTT 'I have to get back to my mum' behaviour. err.gif It's very hard for them both though because in Italy for a year and half, apart from my 2 neighbours, I was really the only person they ever saw. And certainly the only person who did anything with them. Prior to Italy they lived in a summerhouse with me and the same since coming back. They are with me 24/7 and I am and always have been there only carer. err.gif

Funnily enough though they are ok about being left in strange places if they are alone. unsure.gif When I moved up to Scotland and was living in a wing of this big castely place, we arrived in the evening and I had to work the following morning and they were fine being left alone. Same as if we go away and rent a caravan, fine being left.... unsure.gif

--------------------
http://www.pawtracks.co.uk/

For dog walking and pet sitting in Scottish Borders and Midlothian area.
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post 20th Mar 2012, 7:42 am
Post #18

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 2829

It will be interesting to see how Kofi is next time smile.gif

I do think that even though he's been since you went away, it may be to do with that.

I think you are being brill at doing your best to help them cope - no-one could fault you for that!! flowers.gif hug.gif

Lindsay
x
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 6:11 pm