Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Some Happy News!
melbury
post 5th Jul 2017, 8:44 pm
Post #46

Group: Member
Member No.: 7874

QUOTE(nikirushka @ 5th Jul 2017, 8:03 pm) *

Lepto will be an annual one, but it's worth checking with the vet as some practices do still do everything annually when they shouldn't.

No she definitely said that the core vaccinations only need doing every three years (probably less than that or never if truth be told), so she must mean the Lepto4 which he will not be having.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ceri1
post 5th Jul 2017, 10:00 pm
Post #47

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 46944

I think some brands still state 1st booster at 1 year then 3 yearly after that for the core vaccines? Depending on the brand used you can usually check on line eg the Noah database.
Even if you don't do lepto4, the lepto2 also only lasts one year so you should consider repeating that instead next year. Lepto is a bacterial disease unlike the other 3 diseases covered and titre testing isn't accurate for it, also because it uses cell rather than antibody based immunity, it doesn't last as long.

This post has been edited by ceri1: 5th Jul 2017, 10:02 pm
+Quote Post
nikirushka
post 6th Jul 2017, 7:31 am
Post #48

Group Icon

Member No.: 25819

QUOTE(ceri1 @ 5th Jul 2017, 11:00 pm) *

I think some brands still state 1st booster at 1 year then 3 yearly after that for the core vaccines? Depending on the brand used you can usually check on line eg the Noah database.

Ah yes, good point.

She may be required to write down when they're due even if you don't have them too - legal possibly, or a practice policy.
+Quote Post
Dalsmum
post 6th Jul 2017, 8:08 am
Post #49

Member No.: 10491

Nobivac'a vaccination protocol is puppy vacciantions, 12 month booster then 3 yearly.

Lepto yearly.
+Quote Post
melbury
post 11th Jul 2017, 7:56 pm
Post #50

QUOTE(Dalsmum @ 6th Jul 2017, 9:08 am) *

Nobivac'a vaccination protocol is puppy vacciantions, 12 month booster then 3 yearly.

Lepto yearly.

Sorry to sound thick, so they have the first vaccinations four weeks apart as puppies, then booster at 12 months and then 3 yearly? I was thinking the second vaccinations as puppies was the actual booster, but obviously not.
+Quote Post
melbury
post 11th Jul 2017, 7:58 pm
Post #51

My last two dogs had all of the vaccinations as recommended by the vet and died at 7 and 10 respectively. I am not saying it was due to the vaccinations, but they didn't help them live long healthy lives either sad.gif

This post has been edited by melbury: 11th Jul 2017, 7:59 pm
+Quote Post
ceri1
post 12th Jul 2017, 12:27 pm
Post #52

Group Icon

Member No.: 46944

No, but did they get any of the diseases they were vaccinated against? The vaccines don't make you do healthier or longer lived. My last dog lived to 17 and died in perfect physical health following an accident caused by her dementia. She had all her vaccinations. Anecdote doesn't make statistics...
+Quote Post
Dalsmum
post 12th Jul 2017, 12:59 pm
Post #53

Member No.: 10491

QUOTE(melbury @ 11th Jul 2017, 7:56 pm) *

Sorry to sound thick, so they have the first vaccinations four weeks apart as puppies, then booster at 12 months and then 3 yearly? I was thinking the second vaccinations as puppies was the actual booster, but obviously not.

No, the second puppy vax is in case the mother's antibodies were still present and knocked out the first one.

The booster is in case full immunity was not established with the puppy vax. This would probably not apply to all dogs but as it is not known which it is recommended all dogs are done
.I recently read some people recommend a booster at 6 months for the same reason.

Lepto and para influenza are boosted annually. Hence the 'annual booster' the core vaccines also given every third year.

+Quote Post
melbury
post 12th Jul 2017, 7:41 pm
Post #54

QUOTE(ceri1 @ 12th Jul 2017, 1:27 pm) *

No, but did they get any of the diseases they were vaccinated against? The vaccines don't make you do healthier or longer lived. My last dog lived to 17 and died in perfect physical health following an accident caused by her dementia. She had all her vaccinations. Anecdote doesn't make statistics...

No they did not get any of diseases they were vaccinated against.

They were unable to say what the 7 year old died of and the 10 year old died of cancer.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2017 - 2:34 am