IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Important

This forum is for rehoming by experienced and reputable rescues (or on their behalf with their full knowledge and agreement) which will nornally mean those listed on the www.dogpages.org.uk website. Please ensure that the name of the rescue is within the post. There is a separate forum below for private re-homings. Please contact a moderator for help or clarification.

Photos can be loaded directly to the Dogpages server. See here.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Meg - Beautiful 12 Month Old Collie Mix Girly Living With Cats And Dog, Starfish Dog Rescue - Being fostered in Gloucestershire
Gilly Starfish
post 3rd May 2017, 12:45 pm
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 60196

Image[/URL][/img]

Meg 12 months Collie Cross mix being fostered in Gloucestershire with cats, dogs and older children.

This lovely girl I recently save from a pound in Spain along with two other dogs, she stayed at my house in Spain for a week while I was there and then went into kennels to await travel. She had been in the Pound for months so when I first met her she was very shut down and it as hard to see such a young dog looking so broken. Very quickly she settled in my home in Spain came out of her shell and just loved life, I would take her to down to the beach with other dogs, in the local countryside, she was a pleasure to watch bloom.

She has now a few weeks ago made her way over to UK and is now staying in our family home, I do not know where to start with explaining about her but for a dog that has been through so much she is doing amazing. She has taken time to get used to the cats as not sure she has ever seen them before she would never hurt them but would sniff them a lot and then one of them would hit her and she would cry and look terrified poor girl. She is good with my dogs who are older and we have met many dogs out and about she has a wonderful nature and is very friendly but she is quite submissive and would not suit living with dominant dogs as it would scare her, once she is confident around a dog she loves to play as any young dog does.

We have been working on her training as she has not received any obviously before she came to us, so in the house fab, very relaxed, completely house trained now, I do not crate her she has the run of the kitchen when I am out with my dogs and has never done any damage, she does have toys and balls to play with. She is fine being left as I work part time. Out and about she is off the lead she has learnt to come back and sit and get a treat, this is improving but if she see's other dogs she will go over to say hello and to the people, she would never run away but gets easily distracted as its all new and fun to her. Over the fields where there are no distractions she enjoys running and chasing the ball, she is learning to leave the ball so we can continue to throw it, she has learnt wait, come, sit and walks on the lead well. She travels in the car perfect she loves the car. I have also taken her dog training initially when she got in there she was scared with all the other dogs I think she thought she was back at the pound but within minutes she was fine and really enjoyed the session, she even did a recall and a sit and down stay. She sleeps by the side of my bed at night on her bed, I did initially live her in the kitchen with my dogs but was scared and worried so have done this to help make her feel secure so I hope she can get another home where she will be allowed to sleep in the bedroom, she does not move all night and is not an early riser.

People, children - loves everyone.

I am terribly bias with this dog and think she is amazing because of her past but she is not perfect but I think she could be - she really enjoyed the dog training and is extremely bright so would love her to go somewhere with someone experienced who enjoys this type of dog, she loves her walks and needs two good walks a day off the lead hopefully with friends, she could easily live with other dogs and think she would prefer it.

I have so many videos of her a few below.

With our cat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWVw3OF1B44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMz81fygXzI

Out with my dogs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur0TeFcBHZg&t=32s

Out meeting other dogs and people in the woods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9swoO4STMDo

Meg is spayed, vaccinated, chipped and has a Pet Passport. If you feel you are the right home for her please email at starfishdogrescue@hotmail.co.uk
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Gilly Starfish
post 6th May 2017, 9:10 pm
Post #2

Group: Member
Member No.: 60196

RESERVED smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post