IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Important

This forum is for private owners who wish to carefully rehome their own dog. Please read additional pinned notes concerning the precautions you should take if your dog is homed to a stranger. The forum cannot be used to sell any dog or pup but you may wish to ask for a donation with a cheque made out to the rescue of your choice to help other dogs.

Photos can be loaded directly to the Dogpages server. See here.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Live In The Country And Have A Special Place In Your Heart?, Patterdale Terrier looking for safe place...
SAMSAMBELLAMY
post 3rd Oct 2017, 6:24 am
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 3789

Hello everyone, I used to be a member here many years ago and its possible that someone out there may remember me, at that time we had Lurchers (Stella & Blue) and a Dachshund called Elvis. All have sadly since gone to the bridge.

It is with a very heavy heart that we are looking for the perfect home for one of our current 3 dogs.

Meg is a Patterdale terrier who we adopted just over 2 years ago.

She is a very loving dog and gets on well with other dogs and children (possibly cats too but untested).

She is pretty much the perfect dog.

However she has developed some mental health issues; she suffers from severe anxiety triggered by noises; especially neighbours, wind, rain, storms and fireworks.

Due to this, and in her best interest, we are considering at least looking for foster care for her for the next few months or ideally a very special home.

We do not take this decision lightly and have been trying to help her for over a year now. She has seen a leading behaviourist; weve tried desensitisation therapy along with various medications.

There is absolutely no way we will give her up unless we find the ideal home for her.

She was adopted from a rescue centre but I do not feel that they have the resources to conduct this search and there is no way that she is ever going back into kennels. However IF she is re-homed then of course the rescue centre will be advised and they may also require a home-check to be carried out.

We feel that she needs a secluded country detached home with people that understand how she feels and are able to spend time with her during the night if necessary. She could happily live with other dogs and maybe cats. She adores children and indeed all people.

Other than her anxiety she is in very good health, spayed, fully insured and inoculated. Age-wise it is very difficult to tell, when we adopted her they estimated she was around 3 years old, our vet thought at least 5 so she is probably around 5-8 years old.

Would need to have a secure garden as when she is scared she is in flight mode and will try to escape. She has never ever shown any aggression even when she is terrified and cannot hear or see you or be consoled with any comfort.

If anyone is willing to consider fostering or re-homing Meg then please contact us for further information. We will be very discerning but also totally open and honest.

We are based in Watford (Herts) but willing to travel pretty much anywhere for the right home.

P.S. I can't seem to update my old email address on here yet??? Please message me and I will check regularly.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SAMSAMBELLAMY
post 4th Oct 2017, 5:17 pm
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 3789

If anyone would like to contact us regarding Meg then our email address is thebuckinghams25@gmail.com
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 12:51 pm