IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Secret Santa 2017, all the Santa news is here...
kimw
post 14th Oct 2017, 9:40 am
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 42138

Elf calling wave.gif xmas.gif

OK, I appreciate that it's sunny outside but the temperature is dropping and we are getting some decent snow up here in Santa land smile.gif

Santa has started working on the Elf Rota so here I am with my extra special job... I love Secret Santa yippee.gif Christmas Movies 24 is up and running so that must mean Elf is a go!

All Secret Santa news will be on the one topic, one in the Lounge and one in Chatter. Santa and me will update both.

Please sign up, ask questions and put helpful tips to aid shoppers here.

So how does this work... basically a fluffy, furry, feathery, scaly type gets a Secret Santa parcel from someone in exchange for a similar parcel being sent out to someone else.

You can sign up for as many boxes as you want, you just have to agree to post out the same number you receive. You can have 1 box for one pet or 1 box for several pets. The limit on the spend is a fiver, or thereabouts, regardless of the number of pets getting the parcel. Part of the fun is being creative and resourceful... and scouring the pound shops! Do try to keep to the 5 as the idea is that as many people as possible can take part without bankrupting themselves. It is meant to be fun, fun, fun.... oh, did I mention ... fun party.gif

As is often the case with uber generous folk, there is often a small prezzy lobbed in to the Secret Santa "box" (tip: use them lightweight plastic envelope efforts... saves a bleedin' fortune in postage!) that is for the peeps yippee.gif ... no pressure folks and not essential, by any means, but if you do wish to buy a little gift over and above that for the animals then please keep it sensible... no serious blingy stuff, eh wink.gif

So... signing up

PM me or Santa (Pam13) your DP name, real name, address, how many parcels you are signing up for and the names of your pets/ amnals... please do let us know if there any special instructions or stuff your animal friends can't have as a gift smile.gif

Left us all know you want to take part here (but don't post personal details... PM those!) and it would help enormously, as well as avoiding Christmas Day traumas, if you could let me/ shoppers know:

- what makes Krimbo for you?
- do you like sweets and things or more savoury stuff?
- are you a lush do you drink alcohol?
- what smelly things do you like?
- are you one of them veggie or vegan types?

Love, Elf

xmas.gif yay.gif

This post has been edited by kimw: 14th Oct 2017, 10:02 am
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kimw
post 15th Oct 2017, 9:42 pm
Post #2

Group Icon

xmas.gif just to add... you can sign up here but must not reveal who you are sending gifts to, although most people include a card to be opened on the day to reveal your true identity!

If you can sign up, by PMing either me, Elf (Kimw) or Santa (Pam13), your names by the 31st of October we (Santa usually does this bit) will match people up and we can get shopping! xmas.gif

This post has been edited by kimw: 15th Oct 2017, 9:43 pm
+Quote Post
kimw
post 22nd Oct 2017, 12:04 pm
Post #3

Group Icon

I love Christmas xmas.gif and really enjoy Secret Santa smile.gif

May I sign up for two boxes for the Checkley Crew, please... one box for the old uns, Lacey and Sid and one box for the younger ones; Roger, Josie, Andy and Billy.

They all really like Lidl meaty sticks, Webbox cat "yoghurt", Dreamies and pretty much anything involving catnip (but not the catnip "chocolate drop" sweets... they won't give you the time of day for them).

I do love Secret Santa for the pressies for the pets but as for me, if tips are needed... I love my tree and the tree decorations, candles of all descriptions especially if they smell of cinnamon/ orange/apple spices and so on... I have also discovered mint Ruffles yay.gif lol.gif
+Quote Post
bluegrizzle
post 23rd Oct 2017, 1:45 pm
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 8520

smile.gif hiya l also would like to sogn up but need to know howmany lcan sign up for s/s
lynne
+Quote Post
Pam13
post 23rd Oct 2017, 8:27 pm
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 32646

Excellent, numbers are building up, will keep you updated.

Ho ho ho

Santa
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
lolbeck
post 24th Oct 2017, 10:52 am
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 37943

Late on parade!!!! blush.gif

I love love LOVE Christmas and this Secret Santa in particular - makes our Christmas morning watching the mutts open their presents. xmas.gif

I would like to sign up for two boxes please - one for Bert Dog and one for Moose Dog. Bert is now officially A Grown Up - except no-one has told him. lol.gif He is now in to double figures age-wise but remains a teenager in his brain. wub.gif Bert's favourite pastime is unwrapping the presents - this is done by grabbing them in his mouth and ragging them until the paper splits and the contents fly across the room!!! He loves toys and food and toys and food but his new friend Moose is making it quite difficult to have either as she is a possessive greedy little madam. However it remains true that Bert loves toys and food. This will be our first Christmas with Moose as part of the family and, given her general demeanour, we are not even sure we will be able to have a tree!!! yikes.gif Moose is a two year old toddler - pushes her luck, can be very wilful, chews like a teething puppy, is in to everything, doesn't like to share but is the sweetest most affectionate dog who charges about until she collapses in a big sleepy heap. We know she likes opening presents - she opened one of my birthday presents before it had even reached the living room lol.gif So again I think the opening will be her favourite bit so please be sparing with the sellotape. No restrictions on what can be in the parcel - except maybe not a hard chew treat as Moose gobbles when she gets food and I don't want her to swallow it whole!! - and it is likely that any toy or treat will not survive to see Boxing Day which is absolutely fine as long as the maximum amount of fun has been had destroying/eating it.

So to the questions.......

What makes Krimbo for you? I love that folk tend to be a bit nicer to one another and I love all the cheesy songs and films. We have quite a low key Christmas but a real joy is putting the tree up on Christmas Eve as the decorations are the story of our time together. This year may prove challenging....... unsure.gif
Do you like sweets and things or more savoury stuff? Both.
Are you a lush do you drink alcohol? I am a lush. wacko.gif
What smelly things do you like? Anything that doesn't contain something that had a face on it.
Are you one of them veggie or vegan types? Vegan

Having said all that I don't really want a gift for me - just thought I would give you a glimpse of my debauched life!!! Please concentrate on the dogs - these are the only gifts they will be getting (mean humans that we are!!!) so please make it all about them.

Thank you.

And Merry Christmas. xmas.gif
+Quote Post
bluegrizzle
post 24th Oct 2017, 9:31 pm
Post #7

Group Icon

i would like to join in the s.s this year l have 12 dogs l would like to enter
for me christmas in our house is all about the dogs they love opening box's even if it isnt for them for me l have plenty of smellies but l love boiled sweets and by a few bags in the run up to christmas so l have a good choice
lynne
+Quote Post
lolbeck
post 25th Oct 2017, 6:41 am
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 37943

QUOTE(bluegrizzle @ 24th Oct 2017, 10:31 pm) *

i would like to join in the s.s this year l have 12 dogs l would like to enter
for me christmas in our house is all about the dogs they love opening box's even if it isnt for them for me l have plenty of smellies but l love boiled sweets and by a few bags in the run up to christmas so l have a good choice
lynne

I would LOVE to be in your house on Christmas morning. xmas.gif lol.gif
+Quote Post
Pam13
post 26th Oct 2017, 9:49 am
Post #9

Group Icon

Last few days to join up for this years Secret Santa xmas.gif
+Quote Post
bluegrizzle
post 27th Oct 2017, 5:03 pm
Post #10

Group Icon

i will add 14 dogs so 7 boxs as they can share

hetty and rosie 2 border terriers under 2yrs old they love treats and also toys that last eg the strong plastic nyla bone type of stuff or a dumb bell
bumper and lilly 2 borders terriers age under 5 treats and any toy eg ragger a ball ect
lvee and salsa a patterdale and a parsons jack 2 older girls of 7 love treats cant be doing with all that playing lark
nipper and tinkys border and a cairn cross around 4ish like treats and a hard plastic toy which last so they can chew forever lol
jess and fizz two oldies just like soft treats as they have missing teeth
hunni and dottie two oldies dottie a border terrier and hunni a staffie cross dottie 11 likes treats and hunni 5 altho blind does like a toy to play with and of course treats
pixie a chi cross around 2 and a reggie a yorkie cross both like toys and treats
thats all for this year
hope it is ok to put on this tread
lynne
+Quote Post
bix
post 27th Oct 2017, 5:54 pm
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 6209

Oops. Almost missed this. I'd like to sign up for one for Bertie schnauzer please. He loves toys and treats. Anything, really. Quite a boisterous player- and eater for that matter. lol.gif

I'm not fussy either. I love every single thing about Christmas. I like sweet and savoury things, drinking alcohol and not veggie but I do like veggie things. Smellies, I'm not too keen on though.

Can't wait!
+Quote Post
kimw
post 27th Oct 2017, 8:42 pm
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE(bluegrizzle @ 27th Oct 2017, 6:03 pm) *

i will add 14 dogs so 7 boxs as they can share

hetty and rosie 2 border terriers under 2yrs old they love treats and also toys that last eg the strong plastic nyla bone type of stuff or a dumb bell
bumper and lilly 2 borders terriers age under 5 treats and any toy eg ragger a ball ect
lvee and salsa a patterdale and a parsons jack 2 older girls of 7 love treats cant be doing with all that playing lark
nipper and tinkys border and a cairn cross around 4ish like treats and a hard plastic toy which last so they can chew forever lol
jess and fizz two oldies just like soft treats as they have missing teeth
hunni and dottie two oldies dottie a border terrier and hunni a staffie cross dottie 11 likes treats and hunni 5 altho blind does like a toy to play with and of course treats
pixie a chi cross around 2 and a reggie a yorkie cross both like toys and treats
thats all for this year
hope it is ok to put on this tread
lynne

xmas.gif absolutely, yes smile.gif

Elf xmas.gif
+Quote Post
MadzandLeah
post 28th Oct 2017, 7:58 am
Post #13

Group: Member
Member No.: 34421

Late on the uptake!

We are signing up for 2 boxes. One for Orange dog (Shogun) and one for Dorri and Delilah ratties.

Orange loves his toys and likes chucking them aorund the house once he has shredded the paper off them, he is not selective in the slightest be it a ball or a tuggy or something squeaky and fluff filled that he can shred. He is a ridgeback x staffy so perhaps not the most gentle of boys with his belongings - for the safety of my windows/head/tv nothing too hard so when the does throw it the damage pottential is limited please rolleyes.gif
He does like his treats too especially stinky fishy ones that he can chomp whilst trying his best to be a lapdog, he does like his home comforts.

Dorri and Delilah are ruled by their bellies and aren't picky in the slighest but have a preference for dog biscuits (mini bonios/milk bones etc). Despite really not behaving like ladies their cage is very pink and they do like curling up to snooze on a hammock. They love having something to shred and treats hidden in loo roll middles or shredded paper or yoghurt pots. Apparently a bit of distruction first makes things taste better.

what makes Krimbo for you - Christmas is normally quiet for me, will be more so this year as I am working. I like the little things about Christmas - little wooden decorations and big fluffy socks but I do love anything Christmassy.
Do you like sweets and things or more savoury stuff? - Definiately sweet! Can't eat chocolate but marshmallows more than make up for that
Are you a lush do you drink alcohol? - I do but not much
What smelly things do you like? -Fruity smelling things from the body shop just not grapefruit
Are you one of them veggie or vegan types? - Nopes not veggie or vegan but I can't have anything with wheat
+Quote Post
kimw
post 28th Oct 2017, 7:47 pm
Post #14

Group Icon

xmas.gif Elf news...

Well there is a real party going on here... Jack Skellington popped over, he does this now he's found the magic door, to show Santa his latest Hallowe'en suit. Well that was it party.gif time... the snowmen are trying on all sorts of scarey masks lol.gif

So, as Secret Santa is really taking off this year, here are the people that have put stuff on the Lounge but not here. I will update whenever I get a break from re-mossing the Elf Hut roofs smile.gif Special Reindeer moss... lovely.

Elf

QUOTE(natbest @ 17th Oct 2017, 11:38 am) *

I would like to do 2 thanks, one for curly, one for noodle.
Both dogs are small terriers, curly is a lakeland aged 9, noodle a bedlington aged 8.

Both dogs love those dry sausages, bulls pizzles, any Lily's kitchen treats, any dried meat treats. They don't really eat things like schmackoes or biscuits, mainly prefer yucky smelly natural things.
No paddywhack, rawhide though or skin type things as they choke on them thanks.
They like squeaky fluffy teddies/toys but not rubbery toys as again they choke on them!

I like sweet things. Milk chocolate, anything from lush esp if its a sweet sickly smell, bathbombs, soaps etc.
I don't drink alcohol, I eat most meat.
I love Christmas, i really enjoy buying presents for people and decorating the house.

QUOTE(Carolynleah @ 18th Oct 2017, 11:44 am) *

I would like two please, one for Jack and India the Labradors and one for Nerys the cocker spaniel.
All like biscuits and treats, not rawhide though. They also love soft toys, particularly Nerys.
I like chocolate smile.gif I drink alcohol but don't eat meat.
I love Christmas too xmas.gif

QUOTE(Petmurf @ 22nd Oct 2017, 5:11 pm) *

May I sign up for 3 boxes please for George, Jasper and Bella, all Labs who eat anything and love chews of any kind wub.gif they also love balls and soft toys.

I also love anything, I drink, I love candles and bath stuff and chocolate and sweets and......anything really lol.gif

QUOTE(cindere528 @ 26th Oct 2017, 5:02 pm) *

Can I sign up please? I've never done Secret Santa before.

I'm a bit of a Bah Humbug about Christmas except for the religious side of it, but my last 2 Christmases have been blummin awful, last year, I'd just had my first knee replacement & was feeling very down in the dumps. The previous year, I had a really bad chest infection & couldn't even enjoy my food. On both occasions, I was too ill to go to church for all the pre-christmas stuff.

Anyway, I'm hoping that by joining the Secret Santa, it will bring some jollity to the occasion.

Vera is my only companion (I think calling her a pet is demeaning). Vera can be fussy about treats, but generally loves marrowbone rolls & gravy bones. She also loves cow hooves. She occasionally will play with a ball, but gets bored easily. She has been known to unstuff a fabric reindeer. Dentastix are out because she chews as far as she needs to, then swallows the rest whole! yikes.gif

As for me, I'm very boring. I'm a kind of vegetarian, I don't eat meat or meat products such as gelatin, but I do eat fish. I also don't drink alcohol, but I make an exception for liqueur chocolate. I love chocolate but have to be very careful with dark chocolate as it's one of my migraine triggers. I don't have a bath (showers only) so bath stuff is out for me.

So, what do I do now? PM Santa or Elf with my real name & address? Do I need to repeat all the above info to them too? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Pam13
post 30th Oct 2017, 5:03 pm
Post #15

Group Icon

WOW you lot, that's 26 parcels booked on the sleigh so far but we still have space for more if there is anyone still wanting to sign up.

As I'm (Santa) away on a two day workshop covering Elf and Safety, How to Maximise Use of Sticky Tape in Parcel Wrapping and How to Ensure the Correct Stacking of Parcels to Keep the Reindeer Working Efficiently the closing date for entries can be eeked out until the 3rd of November.

If you can PM either me or Elf (KimW) with your details if you haven't already or if you wish to join up and I hope to start the matching process at the weekend.

Let the shopping commence!!!!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2017 - 12:58 pm