Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Foster Homes Needed
bengimarty
post 1st Jul 2015, 12:28 pm
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 54550

Saving Romanian Strays is alerted to the neediest of dogs in the horrible public dog shelters in romania and raises money to bring them to the UK. It needes foster homes for the dogs while permanet homes are found. These are beautiful dogs and to see some of them just go onto Facebook and look up Saving Romanian Strays for their latest Big Pooch Pledge to bring a group to the UK. A few have problems like Bertie who had a back leg he wasnt using and which now has to be amputated...or Monty who had very little hair and is undergoing skin cream treatment daily. But most are just ordinary dogs in need of love and care. They are usually great with other dogs they have been forced to share cages. Please contact me if you want to talk about being a foster carer or give a permanent home to one of these dogs. They range from little toy size dogs to German Shepherd size.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mokee
post 1st Jul 2015, 5:59 pm
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 36406

Could I ask, please, what back up is in place in case a dog isn't a good fit for his foster home and needs to be moved out of the foster home?

This post has been edited by mokee: 1st Jul 2015, 5:59 pm
+Quote Post
bengimarty
post 2nd Jul 2015, 11:08 am
Post #3

Group: Member
Member No.: 54550

We would only place if the fosterer is really aware there could be problems and they may have to hang on to the dog until another foster home is found. Its not something to take on lightly...ie Bertie is a lovely Sheltie sized looking dog and is 7 years old and very sweet...his back leg was lame and he hadnt been using it in the Romanian shelter...he is now with a fosterer here and his back leg has to be amputated so will need rest while it gets better. There are things that crop up you have to be prepared to deal with. The only situation where it should be a problem and have to be handed back is if the dog became aggressive with you or your family. Saying that, some of the dogs are nervous of people and need time...but would only place the dogs with the right people. Have a look at Saving Romanian Strays facebook page if you are on facebook....there is a new batch coming over soon (under Big Pooch Pledge 2). Any other questions just message me.
+Quote Post
Elainew
post 4th Jul 2015, 1:51 pm
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 202

So you will not offer kennel backup?i I presume a fosterer could have to keep a dog for weeks?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2017 - 1:26 pm