Reply to this topicStart new topic
> List Of Rescues With Oldies Assisted Adoption, inviting suggestions
mokee
post 13th Nov 2017, 4:01 pm
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 36406

Possibly a bit further than you'd like to travel, but Pickle is so adorable I thought I'd point him out to you anyway - 5 month old Chihuahua cross in Basingstoke:

http://www.prodogsdirect.org.uk/#/picklech...ct17/4594058732

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
doggyvonne
post 13th Nov 2017, 4:04 pm
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 16608

Thank you Mokee he's cute but we are waiting for our home check for Buzz and will meet him before we engage with another dog. At present there seems to be no obstacle to us being his homers but we shall see. Buzz isnt so pretty but he ticks all the right boxes and sounds great fun. Thanks for everything.x
+Quote Post
mokee
post 13th Nov 2017, 4:08 pm
Post #18

Group Icon

QUOTE(doggyvonne @ 13th Nov 2017, 4:04 pm) *

Thank you Mokee he's cute but we are waiting for our home check for Buzz and will meet him before we engage with another dog. At present there seems to be no obstacle to us being his homers but we shall see. Buzz isnt so pretty but he ticks all the right boxes and sounds great fun. Thanks for everything.x

Oh wow, I didn't realise you'd progressed so far with Buzz already, fantastic news. Have you met him yet? That all seems very sensible, no point in applying for every dog under the sun when you might have found the right one already smile.gif
+Quote Post
doggyvonne
post 15th Nov 2017, 5:00 pm
Post #19

Group Icon

Sadly things didnt progress. Initially they said the distance wasnt a problem but in the end it was because my husband was going to drive up there 2 hours or so but i am nervous traveller and i could not cope with the journey. I rarely leave our home town but I am a great walker in places i know and love. I supposed the homechecker would assess me along with the garden but seems not? Anyway i wished Buzz a fast adoption and must carry on looking. There didnt seem to be any other issues with us or with him so I am hopeful of finding another dog in a rescue which can handle a homecheck out of the county. I have seen a female Bichon in a local rescue and have applied but can anyone tell me if a very spatial person used to cutting hair could manage the grooming at home? She is very close cut at present and looks lovely.

This post has been edited by doggyvonne: 15th Nov 2017, 5:02 pm
+Quote Post
doggyvonne
post 16th Nov 2017, 8:52 am
Post #20

Group Icon

admin please delete this thread as things have moved on but many thanks to Zico Mokee etc for their input so far
+Quote Post
mokee
post 16th Nov 2017, 5:27 pm
Post #21

Group Icon

So sorry it didn't work out with Buzz, but hopefully things will go better with this one. Good luck smile.gif
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 4:47 pm