IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Looking For A Warm Dog Jumper With No Leg Holes?, For elderly cold dog!
Fox
post 13th Dec 2017, 10:17 pm
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 21305

Our elderly JRT feels the cold and loves her jumpers but I've noticed that she seems uncomfortable when we lift her legs into the 'arm' holes. Has anyone come across a wrap around style that's not waterproof as it's just for the house so would like it to be comfy enough for her to sleep in?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
moorx
post 13th Dec 2017, 10:29 pm
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 4341

Equafleece make various styles and they are really good quality. I've had several for a number of my dogs. Great customer service too smile.gif
+Quote Post
Elainew
post 13th Dec 2017, 10:45 pm
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 202

https://www.snuggyhoods.com/product/dogs-bo...-warm-dog-coat/

It fits over the dogs head, there is a strip which you place between the legs which attaches to each side with Velcro.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Auntie Ange
post 13th Dec 2017, 11:04 pm
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 22692

Ooh, that looks good. I have a chilly old girl who is going to get one of those. At the moment she wiggles under cushions of I cover her with her own blanket. I stopped using the one with 'arm' holes as it was difficult to get on as she got less nimble.

Ange
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
mokee
post 14th Dec 2017, 3:57 am
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 36406

I'll be honest, I have an equafleece for one of my dogs and I don't really rate it for warmth - I have a couple of other fleece coats that were about a fifth of the price from the local market and they keep my dogs much warmer.
+Quote Post
Fox
post 14th Dec 2017, 7:24 am
Post #6

Member No.: 21305

Perfect thank you! Bought one of each suggestions! Hopefully she will stop hogging my electric blanket now.
+Quote Post
Dalsmum
post 14th Dec 2017, 10:35 am
Post #7

Member No.: 10491

I had an Equafleece for my dalmatian and he was toasty warm under it. I could warm my hands there.

He found it too hot at times.

It was really thick and close fitting but it was a proper Equalfleece one, not the Hotterdog type.
+Quote Post
mokee
post 14th Dec 2017, 1:11 pm
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 36406

QUOTE(Dalsmum @ 14th Dec 2017, 10:35 am) *

I had an Equafleece for my dalmatian and he was toasty warm under it. I could warm my hands there.

It was really thick and close fitting but it was a proper Equalfleece one, not the Hotterdog type.

My experience really couldn't have been further from yours - mine was proper equafleece too, bought direct from equafleece. It belonged to Skittle first, she mainly used to wear it to come home after hydrotherapy, and even in the car with the heating going she always had cold ears and was cold under the coat when we took her out of the car at home (30 minute drive) whilst Tarry, who was wearing the 6 off the market fleece jumper, was always toasty warm.

Despite being the size recommended by equafleece (I rang them to check her measurements and make sure) the coat never fitted her well and always, always slipped down and round to one side when she was walking - several other of my dogs have worn it since and they've all had exactly the same problem. I tried tightening up the straps as far as they'd go, but still the coat slipped. I have been completely put off equafleece by this coat, and although I might consider a jumper from them in future, I definitely wouldn't buy another of their coats.
+Quote Post
barkingrottie
post 14th Dec 2017, 6:52 pm
Post #9

Member No.: 43606

Thanks, I have ordered two of these coats....
+Quote Post
moorx
post 14th Dec 2017, 8:01 pm
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 4341

QUOTE(Dalsmum @ 14th Dec 2017, 10:35 am) *

Me too - I've bought 6 of their Tankies and 2 of the Hotterdog jumpers and they've all been really warm.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th January 2018 - 9:09 am