IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Important

This forum is for rehoming by experienced and reputable rescues (or on their behalf with their full knowledge and agreement) which will nornally mean those listed on the www.dogpages.org.uk website. Please ensure that the name of the rescue is within the post. There is a separate forum below for private re-homings. Please contact a moderator for help or clarification.

Photos can be loaded directly to the Dogpages server. See here.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ada And Alfie - Elderly Terrier Pair - Staffordshire
FriendsoftheAnimalsRCT
post 29th Aug 2014, 2:00 pm
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 58528

If you are interested in adopting Ada and Alfie please read about our rehoming process and complete a Pre-Adoption form (link below) and one of our adoption coordinators will contact you for a chat

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewfor...3d1V1E6MQ#gid=0

Name:Ada and Alfie
Breed: Ada Yorkie black/ tan Alfie fell terrier. Ginger
Can I live with Children: Not tested
Can I live with cats: No
Can I live with other dogs: Yes – they must be rehomed together
Fostered In: Stone, Staffordshire

This lovely bonded pair came into us when their elderly owner died. Ada, aged 7 and Alfie, aged 10, must be rehomed together. They are being fostered in Stone, Staffordshire and are very affectionate – they both wag with delight on their foster family’s return!

Ada does an endearing bottom shuffle while gently barking (which is very, very cute). They are happy to curl up on a chair after walks and not really fussed about toys, although Ada has had a chomp at a Nylabone. They don't require a great deal of exercise – but would be best suited to someone who will be home most of the day with them. They both like a fuss but Ada is more of a cuddle monster than Alfie!

Be aware if you have food as they will show lots of interest! Alfie is partial to drinking tea. They like to snuggle up together at night. At the moment they are allowed on the furniture - they both pick their own places to sit!

They are not at all aggressive, and are both housetrained. Both dogs are used to the sound of the washing machine, TV and radio but do avoid the vacuum cleaner. They both seem happy to be stroked by friends and family. They would definitely prefer home without excitable, noisy children, although visiting dog-savvy respectful children should be ok. They both travel well. Alfie likes to have his nose out of the window and Ada just curls up on the seat.

At the moment only Alfie has visited the vets. He had an ear and paw infection which being treated with medication from vets. (A soft muzzle was applied as he was in pain and rightly grumpy about it too). As far as we are aware Ada has no health issues at present. Because Alfie has been in pain he has been less keen to be picked up. Other than that they have picked up, had their bottoms checked and have been brushed with no trouble.

They are not dominant over their food but they do swap dishes but will do the rounds of the other dogs bowls too given half a chance! They are not dominant with their toys, have no interest in scaling your fences and are not at all destructive.

They have not needed a crate at all – super pair of dogs. Both have been left with their foster family’s dogs for company for periods of up to 4 hours. We cannot envisage any problems with them being left for short periods as they will both snooze.

Ideally they would prefer to have human company for the most part as that is what they crave. Alfie cannot be left for long periods as he needs to go out to toilet - not really a training issue just his age, bless!

They still like to go for a little walk. They both initially pull with excitement but are no trouble to walk (unless another dog is nearby) – this is being worked on. They just get very excited - barking and lunging from both - but nothing that can't be rectified. We are trying to get them to sit when another dog goes by. They are happy to plod along - several short walks a day would be satisfactory - mainly because Alfie is an elderly gentleman, (although still spritely he does like to snooze). Ada is a tad overweight.

Ada and Alfie are looking for an older couple who do not need to be too active. They want someone to share their days with and follow round the house and garden. As they have recently lost their elderly owner they need stability. They deserve a home where they are loved and cared for but not overly spoilt with food (especially Ada!). Both would be best homed to a couple who have a lot of free time to spend with them.

Ada and Alfie are neutered, up to date with their flea and worming treatment, micro-chipped and fully vaccinated. Prospective adopters will be expected to travel to meet them in their foster home in Staffordshire.

Image Image Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
FriendsoftheAnimalsRCT
post 28th Sep 2014, 9:08 am
Post #2

This oldie pair are still looking for the right home to spend the rest of their days.

Here are some more pictures of this gorgeous older pair enjoying the garden

ImageImageImageImage
+Quote Post
FriendsoftheAnimalsRCT
post 12th Oct 2014, 8:01 am
Post #3

These two are as good as gold in their foster home and sometimes their fosterer forgets they are there! They would love a home of their own though. Could it be yours?
+Quote Post
FriendsoftheAnimalsRCT
post 12th Feb 2015, 6:29 pm
Post #4

Active retired couple seeking long term all-inclusive accommodation. Would enjoy having access to enclosed garden . Like to indulge in light exercise twice a day and relax in the evening on a comfy sofa .
We are both non-smokers and have no major health issues. Happy to house share with most types but may have allergy to feline company.
Please forward photos of property and prospective landlords.
Thank you Alfred and Ada FoARCT .

ImageImageImage
+Quote Post
ajs
post 13th Feb 2015, 11:10 pm
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 4381

aaah what a cute little pair.

Do you think people might assume they are going to be staffies from the heading of the post (?) - that's what I was expecting when I opened it. I was surprised to see a yorkie and a fell type. (probably just me)

Good luck Alfie and Ada in finding your new forever home. angel.gif

--------------------
Hereford and Worcester Animal Rescue
www.hwanimalrescue.org
+Quote Post
FriendsoftheAnimalsRCT
post 19th Apr 2015, 2:41 pm
Post #6

These two went to their forever home today. At last!!
+Quote Post
FriendsoftheAnimalsRCT
post 7th Jun 2015, 8:29 am
Post #7

I'm sad to say that due to no fault of their own they have been returned to us and are now looking for their forever home again.
+Quote Post
Nina's Mum
post 24th Jun 2015, 11:09 am
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 11235

Any news on these two? I keep looking....

I have two "elderly terriers" of these ages myself and know they would be astounded to be described in this way. rolleyes.gif Though I may use this tactic in the future when we're booking holiday cottages.

These two look adorable and no trouble at all!
+Quote Post
FriendsoftheAnimalsRCT
post 26th Jul 2015, 4:16 pm
Post #9

These lovelies went to their new home today.
+Quote Post
Ragsysmum
post 27th Jul 2015, 3:16 pm
Post #10

Member No.: 13308

Best of luck to them. Hope it works out perfectly.
+Quote Post
Nina's Mum
post 1st Aug 2015, 2:41 pm
Post #11

Group Icon

Phew!! I couldn't stop looking... rolleyes.gif Hope everything goes brilliantly for them!
+Quote Post
sally s
post 2nd Aug 2015, 1:28 pm
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 34242

wub.gif Me too x
+Quote Post
Lulus mum
post 15th Sep 2015, 6:40 pm
Post #13

Member No.: 51584

Any news on this adorable pair?
Maureen
+Quote Post
Nina's Mum
post 25th Oct 2015, 4:18 pm
Post #14

Group Icon

I'd love to know how they're getting on too!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 2:28 pm