Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Private Rehome
bix
post 2nd Dec 2017, 11:03 pm
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 6209

We are hoping to rehome a miniature schnauzer in a couple of weeks. It's a private arrangement via a relation who is a dog walker. Can anyone suggest what things we need to organise please? I've asked them to inquire with the insurance company and chip company about the transfer of ownership. I'm assuming it's easier if they, as the current owners, speak to them. Is there anything else? I already know about food and general behaviour and will be spending a few days getting to know her. Proper details later but I don't want to say too much for fear of jinxing things.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Pam13
post 2nd Dec 2017, 11:53 pm
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 32646

I know this sounds harsh but I think to cover yourself you should draft an adoption agreement that both parties sign, just to keep you right. Iím not saying anything would go wrong etc but might help safeguard everyone.
+Quote Post
bix
post 3rd Dec 2017, 4:55 pm
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 6209

I was wondering about that, Pam.
+Quote Post
doggroomer
post 3rd Dec 2017, 5:45 pm
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 10854

Charlie's third owner got a certificate from somewhere, which she filled in to transfer ownership to me. You need to get them to fill in the transfer form on the chip paperwork, then you send it with your details on, if I remember rightly. It was more difficult with Charlie's as she had lost the chip form and only gave me the acknowledgement she'd had from the chip company, but I sent copies of the emails we'd exchanged, and we got there in the end.

It would also be useful to know which vet she's used so you can get the records transfered to your vet though, I suppose that will be on her injection paperwork.

Good luck that it all goes right for all of you smile.gif

Chris
+Quote Post
mokee
post 4th Dec 2017, 1:31 pm
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 36406

Ask them to transfer the veterinary history over to your vets, make sure you pick up the vaccination certificate.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2017 - 10:32 pm