> Turning Aggressive
doggroomer
post 18th Apr 2018, 8:36 pm
Post #76

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 10854

I. was wondering too, if the other cat could have been inside sad.gif

You've had some very good advice, so hope things improve and he can lead a happy life with you wub.gif

Chris
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dog2
post 19th Apr 2018, 11:17 am
Post #77

Group: Member
Member No.: 2776

Thanks and you all who have suggested things to do.i am still waiting for the feliway to come seems to have got lost in the post...but hope that calms him a little when it does come.
I have been on my hands and knees looking for where he is spraying and cant find it...but the smell is awful ..he did it again when we were shopping this morning...and I can't clean it if I can't find where he's doing it...any hints?
+Quote Post
dorothy
post 19th Apr 2018, 8:25 pm
Post #78

Group Icon

Member No.: 2411

Maybe this? There are a few to choose from.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?u...light+Cat+urine
+Quote Post
kimw
post 19th Apr 2018, 9:28 pm
Post #79

Group Icon

Member No.: 42138

If you can't see exactly where he is spraying the could you clean the corner area? It will be up a wall, a bookcase, the side of a chair rather than on the floor... although it may have trickled down depending on the original surface. Also, don't discount the possibility that he is pee-ing in something... a vase, a bowl, a plastic box!
+Quote Post
dog2
post 21st Apr 2018, 9:22 am
Post #80

Yesterday morning there was no smell and all day it continued...I was overjoyed!
This morning however we are back to it and not only that but I think he's now doing it another place in the room.
I read the reviews of the torches (thanks for the link to those )reviews seem a bit hit and miss so I will clean the whole area.what do I use to get rid of the smell please?
The Feliway plugin arrived yesterday and was duly plugged in and so obviously isn't going to work as he sprayed when it was in operation.
I am now waiting for the microchip cat flap in the vain hope that will gradually convince him he is safe in his own home ..as the place is stinking!
Although maybe the new cat flap will only serve to be yet someing else he has to get used to!
I had another thought although again this has been so since we got her over two years ago...the seagulls do very often make noises just like a cat,those who know seagulls will know what I mean...I am wondering if he is hearing this and it's bothering him as yesterday he did react to one particular sound a seagull made and ran indoors.but as I say he's had two years to get used to this as it's every day here and it's only the past few weeks the spraying or whatever has been happening.
sad.gif

This post has been edited by dog2: 21st Apr 2018, 9:27 am
+Quote Post
kimw
post 21st Apr 2018, 4:03 pm
Post #81

Group Icon

Member No.: 42138

Do keep the Feliway plugged in. As for cleaning use a cleaner that doesn't have amonia... so don't use bleach. I find a mild solution with washing powder works well especially if fabrics are involved. Check the backs of curtains too.

This will take time to resolve and Sonny is unlikely to stop spraying overnight but putting into place all the suggestions, he will feel safer and more secure and the problem should lessen smile.gif
+Quote Post
doggroomer
post 21st Apr 2018, 5:50 pm
Post #82

Group Icon

Member No.: 10854

I agree to persist with the Feliway. They do say it takes a few days to start working.

Chris
+Quote Post
nikirushka
post 22nd Apr 2018, 1:18 pm
Post #83

Group Icon

Member No.: 25819

Have a look at this program, there is a problem wee-er on there. Not quite the same situation as the aggression isn't there, but still worth a look.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0b05...ies-1-episode-1
+Quote Post
dog2
post 22nd Apr 2018, 4:51 pm
Post #84

We have had only a little spraying last couple of days.he hasn't been left alone it being the weekend and my husband is at home for a bit so will see what happens when he is left.hopefullythe microchip cat flap will have arrived by then and be installed.
Because it's also been hot we have had windows open and we can smell the same smell waft in and I suspect there's been a spray wars going on against the outside walls between Sonny and the other cat who's often seen round the house.i am hoping the situation resolves itself soon but I still don't understand why it's only now the spraying has started since we have been in the house over two years now and the rival cat has been here since day one.
I will look at the BBC programme this evening thanks for the link. smile.gif
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2018 - 5:04 am