IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Lost and found dogs

Owners can also load a photograph to include with their message directly to the Dogpages server. See here. If you need any help please contact a moderator.

The forum is for the use of the owners only. Should they not have internet access, posts can be made by their personal representative. It cannot be used for the purposes of commercial "lost-dog" businesses nor for "crossposting" information found elsewhere on the internet.

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Farley In Wolverhampton Was A Stolen Dog!, FARLEY- ENGLISH POINTER STOLEN WHEN CALLED SHAMUS
shamusdog1
post 30th Dec 2014, 9:59 pm
Post #16

Group: Member
Member No.: 9927

At present I can only be contacted by messaging on here as I have lost my mobile. Thank you,

Louise.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
shamusdog1
post 2nd Apr 2015, 5:28 pm
Post #17

Still thinking of you Shamus.

Louise and the children x x x
+Quote Post
Harley Barley
post 7th Apr 2015, 6:12 pm
Post #18

Member No.: 41224

Ahh, often think about you and what happened to Shamus.

Gone but never forgotten wub.gif
+Quote Post
shamusdog1
post 16th Apr 2015, 11:57 am
Post #19

I have a new contact number 07444355835. Any information will now be treated in confidence. I just want to know what happened to him in the end.

Thanks,

Louise
+Quote Post
mobreeobi
post 24th Apr 2015, 9:46 pm
Post #20

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 31006

I'm sorry, I've only just seen this thread, this isn't a section of DP that I ever look in.

We have walked our dogs at Smestow Valley for the last 15 years since moving to Wolverhampton in 2000. We moved away for two years in 2003 and returned in July 2005.

My OH distinctly remembers Farley from years ago, although I don't think I ever saw him. Without me showing him this thread he remembered the name and immediately mentioned his bad limp and difficulty walking. He thinks he remembers him as being walked by a woman who mostly parked at the old Tettenhall Station behind the Majestic. He certainly remembers him as a very happy dog indeed, despite his disability and regularly chatted to the woman and one of our dogs who was only a couple of years old at the time used to try to play with Farley.

I can't remember ever seeing Farley, despite spending hours a day walking at Smestow and so we can probably put the timing down to when OH regularly returned to Wolverhampton between June 2003 and July 2005 to visit his family. He thinks he may well still have seen him over a year later when I had started a new part time afternoon job in July 2006 and OH did the afternoon walks.

Neither of us recognises the man in the picture and I'm 99% sure that if he still walks at Smestow we would know him considering the hours we spend a day at the nature reserve. I know many people who have walked at Smestow for many years longer than us and I will certainly ask about to see if anybody else remembers your dog and see if I can find any more information for you.

I'm so sorry this happened to you, and although I haven't been much help, I hope it brings some comfort that OH particularly mentioned that Farley was always a very happy boy.

Rebecca
+Quote Post
shamusdog1
post 27th Apr 2015, 7:53 pm
Post #21

Thank you so much. This is very similar to what I found out. Two ladies (looked like mother and daughter) still go there as does the person who had him. The ladies would not tell me what happened to Farley in the end as they were suspicious of me but they did say they were told he had died by the owner (the man of the couple who had him and still goes there I think, with collie maybe around 9 years old- a bitch). They go round the field near Compton Hill Drive, usually mid-morning with Jack Russells with blankets on if it is wet. Both ladies had dark hair I think, one around 40, one around 23. Think one of the dogs (or bitches)was tri-colour maybe, short haired dogs. They were local- told us about development plans for the area. The lady in the house next to the wooden gate at the top also knew him but I only spoke to her in 2006. My email is jessica.cartmel@hotmail.co.uk. There is a photo of Shamus (aka Farley) earlier in the thread, page 6-9 I think. Apparently he was nearly white when in Wolverhampton. Glad to know he looked happy.

Thanks so much,

Louise.

+Quote Post
shamusdog1
post 27th Apr 2015, 7:55 pm
Post #22

This is definitely the same dog- they did park behind Majestic Wines.

Thanks again,

Louise x
+Quote Post
shamusdog1
post 7th May 2015, 9:12 am
Post #23

I cannot be contacted by mobile at present as the phone has been destroyed by Barney my cocker spaniel!
+Quote Post
shamusdog1
post 28th Oct 2015, 8:14 pm
Post #24

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY AND TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED TO MY DOG IN THE END? THANK YOU, LOUISE.

This post has been edited by shamusdog1: 28th Oct 2015, 8:16 pm
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th June 2017 - 5:37 pm