> Hey
doggroomer
post 19th Jun 2017, 7:39 am
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 10854

QUOTE(I Love MY Cookie @ 19th Jun 2017, 3:27 am) *

Woops ..have I missed something here ? I was just explaining that I haven't been actively involved in rescue since around 2010/12 (due to caring for my elderly mum wub.gif and working full time etc etc...)

Cookie wub.gif wub.gif was a wonderful staffie that was with us from 2006 to 2016, when he sadly had to be pts at aged around 16. He was a rescue from Manchester Dogs home. We now have a great big lump of a dog called Sky wub.gif (Staffie X Bull dog ) who came to us from a rescue at Xmas time and turned 2 years old in May and won't make it to 3 years old if she doesn't stop chewing things lol.gif lol.gif

Katherine xxx

PS. My first Dog Mitzi was a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel bought from a backyard breeder before I knew any better..

I knew what you meant, but the thread seemed to be taking a turn towards irresponsible owners (which happens at times these days), and I thought your remark about no longer being involved in rescues had people thinking you were one.

Chris
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mokee
post 19th Jun 2017, 1:07 pm
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 36406

QUOTE(doggroomer @ 19th Jun 2017, 8:39 am) *

I knew what you meant, but the thread seemed to be taking a turn towards irresponsible owners (which happens at times these days), and I thought your remark about no longer being involved in rescues had people thinking you were one.

Chris

I'm not quite sure why you'd think think that, that never occurred to me, personally. I was responding to Craters on the Lawn's post about forums/facebook and how this forum isn't what it once was and has lost its way a bit in relation to rescue.

And in answer to your question, if you haven't exchanged money with a breeder for a dog, then I totally agree with you. I don't see that as adding to the problem either.
+Quote Post
doggroomer
post 19th Jun 2017, 2:22 pm
Post #18

Group Icon

The first paragraph referred to you Mokee. The rest referred to how the thread seemed to be going, in general.

Chris
+Quote Post
Annieskel
post 19th Jun 2017, 3:42 pm
Post #19

Group Icon

Member No.: 44743

Having been lied to by supposed good rescue I won't adopt from a rescue now, I go direct to the pound for my dogs. When I first brought Cyril home he was in a mess, I could put my hands round his waist and he is a Staffie. Someone from a rescue came to see him the following day. Cyril was on small meals only, she was there when I fed him a meal, while he was eating I went out of the room, when I came back in he was eating away at a large amount of food. So much for her being a responsible rescue, she could have killed him.

There are good rescues and there are bad ones. A dog was in court yesterday and he can go on the exemption list, his owner has really fought for this dog, they rescue she got him from now wants him back and have threatened the person who kept supporting her through this. It is the donations that people have sent to the rescue for the dogs that will pay for a barrister if they continue with this which I why I won't name the rescue, unlike them I think the donations should go to save dogs.

The dogs that I have that have come from a rescue were both foster dogs which I kept.

--------------------
+Quote Post
nikirushka
post 20th Jun 2017, 6:56 am
Post #20

Group Icon

Member No.: 25819

QUOTE(doggroomer @ 18th Jun 2017, 8:44 pm) *

Because 'I love my cookie' said she isn't involved in rescue any more, doesn't mean she's now buying puppies, and I can't see anything that suggests she no longer has a rescue dog.

Nobody said she was - I was replying to this:

QUOTE(Petmurf @ 17th Jun 2017, 8:00 pm) *

So I currently have 2 rescue dogs and one non rescue........does that mean that I shouldn't be on here anymore?

And my replies got added to. If there's any confusion it's probably my fault for moving the thread a little OT!
+Quote Post
doggroomer
post 20th Jun 2017, 7:20 am
Post #21

Group Icon

QUOTE(nikirushka @ 20th Jun 2017, 7:56 am) *

Nobody said she was - I was replying to this:
And my replies got added to. If there's any confusion it's probably my fault for moving the thread a little OT!

You troublemaker lol.gif lol.gif

Chris
+Quote Post
I Love MY Cookie
post 21st Jun 2017, 6:41 am
Post #22

Group Icon

Member No.: 29433

Just like the old days again eh...? lol.gif lol.gif flowers.gif