IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Faolan's Got A Big Face, Good thoughts please!
Louwra
post 28th Apr 2017, 8:21 am
Post #91

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 6759

QUOTE(Annieskel @ 28th Apr 2017, 7:36 am) *

When Gracie was 15 my vet told me she had a bad heart murmur, she also had a lot of arthritis and was on Metacam, he told me to keep her quiet and don't over exercise her or let her do anything energetic. .Pity he didn't tell Gracie, she was impossible to keep quiet even when her muscles went thanks to the arthritis. When she started hydro she became so full of energy she became a normal Staffy/Cairn terrorist. She eventually went to the Bridge aged 17.5 after a stroke which done so much damage to her brain all she could do was walk in circles. I have so many happy memories of her now from that 2.5 years.

Same here with my Mesi, she is the only one I had time with, others went due to sudden deterioration sad.gif Mesi had cancer n the mouth, lump between gum and cheek, it was removed with wide margins, but it had already spread, nothing really that could be done , twice it came back, twice it was removed. She was on steroids and different supplements, she was happy as larry for another 12 months, when she went rapidly downhil in the spate of a day, didnt want to walk, restless and panting. Vet did xrays and it turned out it spread to her lungs, hence the panting

Although the ''when to go' decision was then a moot point, it basically was 'now' she went to the bridge very peacefully and I did have 12 wonderful months with lovely memories

The heartbreak is just as bad, but the memories of those 12 months are so very precious

Hope Faolan will have months to enjoy his walks and life, before he has to leave you hug.gif sending much love!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2017 - 5:50 am