2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rescue Credentials, Green Leaf animal rescue
Barneyblue2
post 6th Sep 2017, 3:04 pm
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 61172

Does anyone know anything about this rescue please?
I was very interested in Maslow and emailed to ask more about the type of home he needs, but all I could do was fill in an inquiry form and pay a deposit before I could find out any more. I sent in the form without the deposit, but all I had back was a link to confirm my email address and......yes, you've guessed, pay the deposit!
This seems a rather strange approach and I wondered if anyone had had any dealings with them and what your experiences had been.
I'm a little worried that they are asking for a deposit up front before even asking me about the home I could offer, whether he would be able to live with my existing pets, etc. etc. It's not the way all the rescues I have dealt with usually approach a potential adoption.
Thank you.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
doggroomer
post 6th Sep 2017, 3:38 pm
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 10854

I don't know anything about them, but wonder if they have a FB page to ask questions on.

Chris
+Quote Post
Auntie Ange
post 6th Sep 2017, 4:00 pm
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 22692

Green Leaf ? .... sounds more like a tea leaf to me ( Cockney slang ?) lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

Ange
+Quote Post
Elainew
post 6th Sep 2017, 5:19 pm
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 202

I know nothing of their rehoming policies but do know that they help a lot of dogs in pounds. They also help owners with difficult to rehome dogs by assessing and advertising them.
+Quote Post
mokee
post 6th Sep 2017, 8:16 pm
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 36406

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/GreenleafAnimalRescue/

Telephone number: 01274 792450 (Voicemail Enquires- Please leave a message and we will call you back)
+Quote Post
Annieskel
post 6th Sep 2017, 8:31 pm
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 44743

I once did a homecheck for them, they didn't even acknowledge receiving the report, I know rescues are busy and run by volunteers but to press reply and type in thanks doesn't take that much time and effort and .

I do see them wanting quiet a lot of homechecks at times but don't know anything else about them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Auntie Ange
post 6th Sep 2017, 8:55 pm
Post #7

Group Icon

If they are a reputable rescue (not that I doubt that if DPers tell me they are) why would they ask for a deposit from someone just asking for more info. The enquirer may be totally unsuitable to adopt one of their dogs.

Ange
+Quote Post
mokee
post 6th Sep 2017, 9:12 pm
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE(Auntie Ange @ 6th Sep 2017, 9:55 pm) *

If they are a reputable rescue (not that I doubt that if DPers tell me they are) why would they ask for a deposit from someone just asking for more info. The enquirer may be totally unsuitable to adopt one of their dogs.

Ange

Unfortunately the only ones that can answer that for you are the rescue themselves. lol.gif It does seem very odd, though.
+Quote Post
Annieskel
post 7th Sep 2017, 10:42 am
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 44743

This is their web page https://www.greenleafanimalrescue.org.uk/

--------------------
+Quote Post
mokee
post 7th Sep 2017, 11:47 am
Post #10

Group Icon

I'd be interested to know what the outcome is, Auntie Ange, if you manage to get hold of anybody to ask.
+Quote Post
zico's mum
post 7th Sep 2017, 2:29 pm
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 10023

I've seen a few rescues now asking for deposits - usually when reserving a dog admittedly.Sadly many have been so mucked about by people saying they will definitely rehome a dog and being let down - one I saw was the day the dog was due to be collected after being reserved for about 4 weeks and they just didn't turn up and blocked all contact.Meanwhile others who had expressed an interest in the dog had found another or gone elsewhere.I suspect this may be a fairly common occurrence too.
+Quote Post
moorx
post 7th Sep 2017, 4:31 pm
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 4341

QUOTE(zico's mum @ 7th Sep 2017, 3:29 pm) *

I've seen a few rescues now asking for deposits - usually when reserving a dog admittedly.Sadly many have been so mucked about by people saying they will definitely rehome a dog and being let down - one I saw was the day the dog was due to be collected after being reserved for about 4 weeks and they just didn't turn up and blocked all contact.Meanwhile others who had expressed an interest in the dog had found another or gone elsewhere.I suspect this may be a fairly common occurrence too.

I must admit, I did wonder whether it was to dissuade time-wasters. I guess there is a risk it will also dissuade genuine people, but I can understand the reasoning.
+Quote Post
Barneyblue2
post 7th Sep 2017, 6:33 pm
Post #13

Group: Member
Member No.: 61172

Thanks for your thoughts. I could understand them asking for the deposit if there was a description of the dog and type of home suitable for him, but there is only his age, the usual worm and flea treated information and a requirement for large breed experience. I just wanted to know if I could offer him the sort of home that would suit him and if he would be likely to get on with an existing dog in the home. I didn't want to start transferring money around in accounts and being committed financially without some knowledge of the dog. It doesn't say for example, where he has come from, if he is lead and toilet trained and if he was given up by his owner, dumped or badly treated, all of which would prepare me for the task ahead and whether I would be suitable for him and vice versa. I don't want to fail a dog. They don't even say that he needs to live in an adult only home for example. To find out any of the basics, I need to put down some money.
I can understand if they have been badly let down by prospective owners in the past, but I only wanted some details so that I could see if it was worth me pursuing. I'd hate to fall in love only to find that I or my home or the life I could offer wouldn't be suitable and I could save the rescue a lot of time and effort and my bank account some pain, if I had those details before I committed myself financially, although I would be willing to do that if I knew I had a chance of adopting a suitable dog. sad.gif
+Quote Post
moorx
post 7th Sep 2017, 6:38 pm
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 4341

I can understand why you want that information. Could you phone?
+Quote Post
Auntie Ange
post 7th Sep 2017, 6:48 pm
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE(mokee @ 7th Sep 2017, 12:47 pm) *

I'd be interested to know what the outcome is, Auntie Ange, if you manage to get hold of anybody to ask.

I only responded to the thread, so won't be asking err.gif

Ange
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 6:11 am