shirls
post 17th Mar 2017, 10:03 am
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 17265

Hi all,
Sorry I only seem to post when I need help or advice sad.gif

Kasha collapsed while out on her walk on Tuesday. she was out cold it was terrifying I thought I'd lost her crying.gif any ways she came round and managed to walk slowly home.

After a couple of days at the vets getting tests which were all good. My vet has spoken with their cardiologist as they wanted a second opinion on the xrays of her heart. He says from the description of her symptoms he feels its probably boxer cardiomyopathy and they are going to carry out a heart scan and ECG next Thursday.
Ive found lots of info on google but you cant beat personal experience for sensible advice on how to manage this condition and keep her safe as long as possible. crying.gif

I'm devastated as this has come out the blue crying.gif She's my baby & I can't face losing her yet wub.gif

Thanks for reading.
Shirls
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
doggroomer
post 17th Mar 2017, 10:53 am
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 10854

How horrible for you and Kasher hug.gif

Sorry, can't help with any knowledge, but hope it's controllable and you can be together for a long time wub.gif

Chris
+Quote Post
lolbeck
post 17th Mar 2017, 11:41 am
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 37943

So sorry to hear about Kasha's health problems. hug.gif

I don't have any first hand experience but remember well a DPer nicky H whose real name in Nicky Heeley and she runs Joey's Legacy Boxer Rescue ( www.boxerrescueliverpool.co.uk ) She is very experienced in all things boxer and, whilst no longer active on here, can be contacted via the rescue or facebook. Might be worth trying to contact her. From memory of her posts on here she is a good kind person who will share her knowledge.

I wish you and Kasha all the best and hope that good management of kasha's problems can keep her healthy and happy for a long time to come. hug.gif
+Quote Post
shirls
post 17th Mar 2017, 12:19 pm
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 17265

Thanks I will try and contact Nicky but I know she has just recently lost her beloved frenchie so I dont think she's around much. I'll try posting on the rescue page.
+Quote Post
moorx
post 17th Mar 2017, 7:48 pm
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 4341

QUOTE(lolbeck @ 17th Mar 2017, 11:41 am) *

So sorry to hear about Kasha's health problems. hug.gif

I don't have any first hand experience but remember well a DPer nicky H whose real name in Nicky Heeley and she runs Joey's Legacy Boxer Rescue ( www.boxerrescueliverpool.co.uk ) She is very experienced in all things boxer and, whilst no longer active on here, can be contacted via the rescue or facebook. Might be worth trying to contact her. From memory of her posts on here she is a good kind person who will share her knowledge.

I wish you and Kasha all the best and hope that good management of kasha's problems can keep her healthy and happy for a long time to come. hug.gif

Me too hug.gif flowers.gif hug.gif

Nicky was the first person I thought of too. Hope you are able to contact her.

ETA - here is her profile in case it helps:

http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.php?showuser=10859

This post has been edited by moorx: 17th Mar 2017, 7:50 pm
+Quote Post
lolbeck
post Yesterday, 7:28 am
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 37943

Thinking of you and Kasha today. Hope the tests result in a positive way forward. hug.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th March 2017 - 9:57 pm