Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Animal Rescue Live!
Craters_on_the_lawn
post 10th Aug 2017, 8:10 pm
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No.: 55685

Loving this show!

Getting the public adopting more animals - fab!

And educating them at the same time.

Hope this is on every year.

58 animals out of about 110 at Newcastle Animal shelter adopted already this week - the aim is to clear the shelter by the end of the week. Will watch tomorrow with interest.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
moorx
post 10th Aug 2017, 8:32 pm
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 4341

I've loved it too. A good team of presenters who genuinely seem to care about the animals smile.gif

I like that they've featured all sorts of pets, and I think Noel Fitzpatrick has been great with his input.

A real feel-good programme. I will miss it when it's over.
+Quote Post
doggroomer
post 11th Aug 2017, 7:21 am
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 10854

I saw it for the first time last night and agree, it's very good smile.gif It's a program I think all of us have wanted, and I hope it will show those who are unaware of the lovely dogs turning up in rescue, that they have no need to buy a puppy from who knows where.

Chris
+Quote Post
mokee
post 11th Aug 2017, 11:43 am
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 36406

I think what I'm enjoying the most is that they're making it so clear that it is all about finding the right home for a particular animal, and not just packing them all off to any home that offers.
+Quote Post
Ianr
post 11th Aug 2017, 12:49 pm
Post #5

Member No.: 27192

More animal rescue awareness & animal into homes is obviously a good thing. However, on tv one night, then in a home the next......../ It isn't usually going to happen that quickly & I wonder whether they are setting people up for unrealistic expectations with this idea of emptying the shelter in a week or having rescues all over the country arranging home visits and adoption in a day just because it looks good on tv. unsure.gif
+Quote Post
moorx
post 11th Aug 2017, 4:17 pm
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE(Ianr @ 11th Aug 2017, 1:49 pm) *

More animal rescue awareness & animal into homes is obviously a good thing. However, on tv one night, then in a home the next......../ It isn't usually going to happen that quickly & I wonder whether they are setting people up for unrealistic expectations with this idea of emptying the shelter in a week or having rescues all over the country arranging home visits and adoption in a day just because it looks good on tv. unsure.gif

I personally think they've been very balanced in that respect, emphasising that more than one visit might be required, for instance.

There will always be people with unrealistic expectations and I doubt that anything will change that rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
mokee
post 11th Aug 2017, 7:55 pm
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 36406

QUOTE(Ianr @ 11th Aug 2017, 1:49 pm) *

To be honest it isn't always that unrealistic - I used to volunteer for a rescue local to me and they used to try to get homechecks done as quickly as possible. I've had similar when I've been homechecked myself, too, maybe not quite within 24 hours but certainly within two or three days.
+Quote Post
moorx
post 11th Aug 2017, 8:04 pm
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE(mokee @ 11th Aug 2017, 8:55 pm) *

To be honest it isn't always that unrealistic - I used to volunteer for a rescue local to me and they used to try to get homechecks done as quickly as possible. I've had similar when I've been homechecked myself, too, maybe not quite within 24 hours but certainly within two or three days.

Yes, actually, now you mention it - when we adopted Max, we met him on Saturday afternoon and collected him on Sunday afternoon, having been interviewed and homechecked between.

Anyway, I'm gutted that this programme has ended, I will miss it crying.gif To top it all, they had a feature on greyhounds tonight wub.gif I've contacted Channel 4 to thank them for showing it.
+Quote Post
MRCHEW
post 11th Aug 2017, 10:08 pm
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 50923

88 animals adopted in 5 days is a great result.
Professor Noel is just so loveable, he is so good with animals but also a people person.
I have peeked at 2 dogs but OH isn't keen, i must try to break him down
The should do this on a regular basis.
+Quote Post
moorx
post 11th Aug 2017, 10:26 pm
Post #10

Group Icon

I absolutely adored Louie the lurcher, Echo the greyhound last night, and the black greyhound they had on tonight (Sonny?)

Funnily enough, he comes from a rescue I adopted two dogs from and used to volunteer at - Holly Hedge near Bristol.

It made me quite nostalgic for a greyhound, as I haven't got one now, for the first time in years sad.gif Don't get me wrong, I love the dogs I have, but there's just something about greyhounds. I might have had a little cry at that point rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
Craters_on_the_lawn
post 12th Aug 2017, 1:07 pm
Post #11

Member No.: 55685

QUOTE(moorx @ 11th Aug 2017, 11:26 pm) *

I absolutely adored Louie the lurcher, Echo the greyhound last night, and the black greyhound they had on tonight (Sonny?)

It made me quite nostalgic for a greyhound, as I haven't got one now, for the first time in years sad.gif Don't get me wrong, I love the dogs I have, but there's just something about greyhounds. I might have had a little cry at that point rolleyes.gif

I feel EXACTLY the same! Currently without a greyhound sad.gif I do love them so much. But two large lurchers and a staffie are enough of a handful at the moment (or so husband says - personally I think I could squeeze 1 or 2 more in!)

I hope this is on every year. Hope the viewing figures are good.

Moorx - I'm gonna contact Channel 4 too. Hopefully if enough people do it may encourage them to do it again. I'm sharing the facebook page.

Wish I knew what happened to Sasha the 3 legged American Bulldog.
+Quote Post
Elainew
post 12th Aug 2017, 1:13 pm
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 202

Unfortunately none of the interest in her has been suitable so far
+Quote Post
moorx
post 12th Aug 2017, 1:18 pm
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE(Craters_on_the_lawn @ 12th Aug 2017, 2:07 pm) *

Moorx - I'm gonna contact Channel 4 too. Hopefully if enough people do it may encourage them to do it again. I'm sharing the facebook page.

I've had a nice reply smile.gif

Dear Clare,

Thank you for contacting Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries regarding ANIMAL RESCUE LIVE: Supervet Special.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us with your comments, we are so pleased to read that you really enjoyed these programmes as you have several rescue pets and you were very impressed with the topics covered and the presenters. Please be assured that your comments are always welcome and you suggestion to make this a regular feature of our scheduling has been logged and noted for the information of those responsible for our programming and for future reference.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us here at Channel 4, we hope you continue to enjoy our programming.

Kind Regards,

Naomi Davis
Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2017 - 4:44 am