Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Markus Muehle Food, Does anyone feed this
AnnS
post 7th Aug 2017, 6:59 am
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Sponsor Member
Member No.: 1457

Thought I try it for the dogs but it is so smelly. Could smell it through the carboard box. Well in date but wonder if it is usually like this.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Athel
post 7th Aug 2017, 8:28 am
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 46906

It's cold pressed so will smell different to dry kibble. I've got some on order so will let you know what mine smells like when it arrives.
+Quote Post
Louwra
post 7th Aug 2017, 8:44 am
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 6759

I have recently changed to Lukullus. Dogs like it, and are looking good on it. I like the part its cold pressed rather than extruded, negative side is that I cant get it from the shops, has to go via Zooplus or Bitiba

Think MM has more maize in it? I ifind it always a bit of a mine field, dog food! As many opinions are there are types of food lol.gif
+Quote Post
AnnS
post 7th Aug 2017, 10:40 am
Post #4

Group Icon

Thanks, have emailed Zooplus it smells so bad. Best description is fusty. Had tried Gentle another cold pressed one but too expensive so thought I'd try the markus one. Split the bag and took some with us to caravan, but the 3 I introduced it to have had upset stomachs so not going to be using it.
+Quote Post
tangojulie
post 7th Aug 2017, 2:50 pm
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 51047

Another vote for Lukullus, mine like all the flavours and do very well on it.
+Quote Post
Hebog
post 10th Aug 2017, 6:05 pm
Post #6

Group: Member
Member No.: 8633

My dogs are on their second bag of Markus Muhle, and we are all very pleased with it.
Yes, it does smell completely different to kibble.....sort of meaty cardboardy lol.gif
My dogs are doing very well on it...nice firm poops, fresh breath, shiny coats and healthy skin.
The feeding amount is small, which can be deceptive.....it looks so small, you can feel that you are not giving them enough to eat (and they can look at you as if they are still hungry), but if you increase the amount then you risk loose stools!
My JRT x Chi weighs 4.5kg, and she gets 60g of food. My Collie x Lurcher weight 18.5kg, and gets 220g of food. They are both maintaining a healthy weight on this amount.
Hope this helps smile.gif
+Quote Post
Hebog
post 10th Aug 2017, 6:09 pm
Post #7

Group: Member
Member No.: 8633

My dogs are on their second bag of Markus Muhle, and we are all very pleased with it.
Yes, it does smell completely different to kibble.....sort of meaty cardboardy lol.gif
My dogs are doing very well on it...nice firm poops, fresh breath, shiny coats and healthy skin.
The feeding amount is small, which can be deceptive.....it looks so small, you can feel that you are not giving them enough to eat (and they can look at you as if they are still hungry), but if you increase the amount then you risk loose stools!
My JRT x Chi weighs 4.5kg, and she gets 60g of food. My Collie x Lurcher weight 18.5kg, and gets 220g of food. They are both maintaining a healthy weight on this amount.
Hope this helps smile.gif
+Quote Post
AnnS
post 10th Aug 2017, 7:42 pm
Post #8

Group Icon

Hi, zooplus sent me a replacement sack, slight smell from it but nothing like the original one. No real explanation but I did send then photos of packaging codes. Will try dogs again with it.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2017 - 4:46 am